Chapter XX: The Emperor and The Fragile Soul

Emperor Silk went still, shivering slightly after feeling a familiar yet unfamiliar presence somewhere in the realm. He stood up from his desk and walked over to the window, watching the rain fall pitifully from the stormy clouds. Huh, perhaps it was simply just nothing-

A loud thunderous boom struck the land- catching off guard and out of balance, he immediately got up and looked out the window once again, trying to figure out what just happened, yet the only thing he could see was faint traces of lightning in the distance. So very faint. With a frown, he quickly left the office, being quick to tell the nearby guards that he would be out for the unforeseeable future. He just hopes that the others don't follow him, especially since the Endritch Ball is two week from now.

He faintly wondered if it was the young human child that the Queen of Endritch had founded and adopted during his time ruling.

He suppose he can get his answers soon.

Making sure that he wore a waterproof cloak and had a protective barrier around himself to keep himself from burning from the rain water, he unfolded his wings and instantly took to the skies. Heading to the source of the energy...

The Valor Kingdom, Otherwise known as the beast and guardians of the skies territory.

*

Chronethian chuckles as he strikes down the mercenary that had attempted to harm him- he ignores that yelling from Claire, he knows that she fears him, but at the same time. He just simply doesn't care about her opinions. She may think that he is using magic, when in reality, he is not and is just simply skilled in combat. He doesn't even know how to control the power within the staff either, despite his mother telling him that he would eventually one day.

He never understood her honestly. Nor why she would give him something so powerful, oh well, he likes the staff anyways. Easy to stab people. Haha.

"WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU CHRONETHIAN!?" Claire shouted in pure terrified shock, having witnessed the massacre that Chronethian had done, said the person just gave her a side look. "You were always a fool, Claire, humans are foolish anyways." He wondered as he looked over at the other mercenaries- noticing a strange symbol on one of their flags. He knows that flag. He saw it far too many times during his days imprisoned by the cultists all those years ago.

How surprising, he wasn't expecting for them to live or exist, even after centuries had passed by? What terrible timing he had. He walked over to the flag, ignoring the mercenaries avoiding to stand in his ways- fear, how wonderful, they should fear him. They were lucky to even catch him at his weakest, but the night is when he is strong enough to handle petty matters like this.

He grabbed the flag, pulled it down to the ground, picked up a stick and got it lit up by the fire from the fire pit, then dropped it onto the flag that lay crumpled on the ground, not slowly turning to ashes as it burned. The eye of the symbol glows for a moment- then disappears into the flames.

He chuckles, ignoring the blood that stains his face and clothes.

"You know, for a mortal like you, Claire, you shouldn't trust someone like me~." He told her in a sing-song tone, turning around to smile ever so creepily. His emerald eyes glowing in a venomous glint. Claire, was to say the very least, is terrified from who she associated with, she should have remembered that even humans are backstabbing and dangerous. Especially from what little he mentions of cultists. Did the cultists do this? How did they even do something such as this?

Who were those cultists really?

She so desperately wishes she had the answers to these questions.

*