Chapter XV: Wandering Thoughts

Zenris sighed as he thought about Theseus, ever since he had seen them, he had begun to think more about them as of late. Letting his mind trail off and wonder. They haven't really encountered another Human in a long time. It was interesting to say the least, yet at the same time they wondered why they were living in the palace in the first place. If he remembered correctly, humans are now living in various settlements or villages.

Except Theseus.

They wondered what happened to them...

Or wondered why they seem feminine, yet not. Granted...they are non-binary, their original gender might have been female...maybe...

He felt something tugged on his hand, he looked over to see who it was and found it was only just Lilian, looking up at him with confusion. Despite their blindness, they could at least sense when something was wrong. "Don't worry about it young queen, I am fine." He answered, Lilian huffed.

"I don't doubt you, but I do not think you're fine. I can sense your minds wandered off...is it about Theseus?" They signed with curiosity, Zenris slightly blushed at the mention of them. "N-no young queen, it's not about Theseus, just, uh, something else-" "You didn't need to always be formal. I Sign to you many times to just refer to me simply as Lilian. We are friends, aren't we?" They signed with a slight smile of mischief.

Zenris looked at her for a good moment, then burst into laughter. "Young queen- no, Lilian, I sometimes envy your childish nature. Something I wish I had when I was a mere child myself." Zenris softly answered, his laughter ceasing to a fond tone. Lilian smiled, glad that Zenris was at least happy, despite knowing something about him that he does not know.

Something that would turn his life upside down forever.

Oh well, it's not important right now.

Lilian hums as she thinks about something, she may not be able to see, but she could at least see very very faint silhouettes. Silhouettes of people around her, she always knew her blindness was natural, just not sure how unnatural it was for it to occured. No matter the case though, she has to wonder...

"Zenris, what would you do if I was to get my sights?" She signed, quite curious to say the least, Zenris stared at her, unsure how to answer such a question. He personally never encountered anyone that was blind, as it has been an uncommon effect. "I would probably show you the wonders of the world that your grandfather wished he could have shown you." Was his answer and he was right.

Lilian Grandfather, Len Origin, only had one regret, not being able to show his blind granddaughter the wonders and beauty of the world.

Lilian smiled, accepting the answer. "I wish I could." They signed back. Zenris softly chuckled, gently petting her head- only to yelp when Kyven kicked the door open. "HI!" He shouted with excitement, Lilian sighed as she facepalm, Zenris was simply just surprised. "What do we owe you for such a visit?" Zenris questioned, quite confused and startled to see them here.

"We just wanted to see how you and Lilian are doing." Theseus questioned as they entered the room with Orion and Azen. Kyven nodded, confirming their intentions there. Zenris sighed in a bit of relief, avoiding eye contact with Theseus. "I see, alright then, we appreciate the visit." He answered with a soft smile, Orion spying on them suspiciously.

Wondering why he was avoiding eye contact with Theseus.

'How peculiar...' Orion thought as he watched them, still suspicious, but also mildly interested to see how things turned out. Theseus was just unaware of these sorts of things though. "Oh! Were you guys aware that the Endritch kingdom is hosting a party of some sort?" Theseus commented, excitement glistened in their eyes as they looked at them all. Orion was confused as he was unaware of such an event, granted he hadn't returned to his kingdom to hear much about it, Lilian and Zenris seemed unsurprised, likely knowing about it before at some point. Kyven and Azen on the other hand are shocked, yet also excited to say the least.