Chapter XVI: Aetherian Secret

"Commander! It seems the team we had sent to the catacombs has been wiped out!" A soldier voiced with concern, afraid of what the commander would do to them for such failures, the said commander growled, slamming his fist against the armrest of his chair. He was, to say the least, unhappy with such predicaments.

With a sigh, they rubbed their foreheads, thinking what they needed to do now.

The mining was doing so well, having managed to do things just well without their noticing- until now it seems. Without a steady supply of those unstable magic crystals or whatever they're called, they won't be able to continue conducting their experiments and testing the new developments of weapons. How unfortunate this seems to be.

"U-um...Commander? It seems as though, from the reports that were gathered from a few survivors, the Traitor, Theseus Aether, was there as well."

...Theseus Aether...?

The only Aether I know of that could be alive and have that kind of name would be...Her...

Can't be possible though, she was...

"Orthen, I want you to gather everything regarding him, as well as anything else that this organization had been keeping under wraps all this time." The Commander, commanded as he stared dead into the eyes of his assistant name Orthen, who was shaking from such look, managed to speak a weak 'Yes commander!' and fled the room in such hurries.

Oh how troublesome this was, yet, why was she...

The Commander shook his head, he supposed he will have to find out eventually from the report when it comes, but still, he can 't help but feel concern for her. He thought she, like the rest of the village, were wiped out...If she's truly alive then- Wherever she may be...

Wait.

Now they thought about it, he never sent a team down to the catacomb, in fact, he sent a team to the north to gather ice crystals. Only that and nothing else. Who sent a team to the catacomb when it was cursed?

*

Orthen breathing a sigh of relief, glad to be out of the office as quickly as possible, he didn't really like being in the room all that much, too tense and suffocating to say the least. He did however, wondered why Theseus was on the report and as his job to find information regarding, with a sigh and quickly make his way through the steel hallway to the labs. He can guess that there might be any information on him there, if not, he guess he has to go to the archives.

He does hope it's not in the archives though, he rather not go through so much hassle just to get there really, especially since he doesn't even have the clearance to get to the place really. So he would have to rely on asking for help if he really does have to go, which is something he doesn't want to do, seeing as the other commanders scares him. Quite a lot really.

So yeah, that's a no go.

They sighed again as they look through the files in the computer labs, hoping to at least find something regarding them-

Huh?

Orthen stared at the screen, quite puzzled by what they had stumbled upon. They weren't sure what it was that they're looking at, but it seemed to be a hidden file that wasn't meant to be found by anyone. Or at all, for that matter. Curious and skeptical, they took out an empty USB they always carried and connected it to the computer, downloading the entire file onto it to report it to his Commander.

Although, they made sure to make it seem like they are still looking for the stuff they needed, which...isn't all that hard to fake since he genuinely couldn't find anything regarding Theseus Aether. He was a nice guy, when they were around, but they did wonder if they're even okay actually...