Chapter XIX: Humanity

Kronos stared at the human before him in complete shock. He wasn't expecting a human to be founded here or ever. He knows some remains, but they are all aware to stay clear of any and all conflict that would revolt in their doom. Yet, here they are, standing before them. They can tell they were a female from their looks.

"Why are you here?" Kronos asked, staring down at the human before them with curiosity, yet the human scowled. "Why should I tell a stupid hybrid like you anything?" She answered with a growl, Kronos sighed, face palming, he kept forgetting that his looks were unnatural for a human. Even the healers and Physicians were baffled. With another sigh, they just glared at them. "First of all, I am not a hybrid. I am a human just like you, except just cursed to live as long as the royal family which is interesting on its own, but still. I am still human like you."

The human girl stares with a jaw dropped/shocked expression, not wanting to actually admit that what he said was true. "You're lying." I am not." YES YOU ARE." I am very much not a liar, lady." "WHAT IS UP WITH THE STUPID FORMALITY." The girl yelled with an irritated tone, glaring at Kronos with pure dislike. Trying to get herself free from the ropes that Alex used to keep her in place. Alex simply just rolled her eyes, even though she found this quite ridiculous honestly. "Young lady, you shouldn't be so rude to the King, he is human just like you, with just a couple...of rare birth defects." She told her with an unimpressed tone, the lady just glared at them, but also avoided making eye contact. Knowing just how bad it would be for her.

Kronos wasn't all that fazed by Alex's blunt choice of wordings, knowing they are honestly true. "Yeah, I am honestly unsure if I'm albino or it's just results of experiments done to me." He stated with honesty, the girl just stared at him like he had just grown non-human features. "...You're actually human?" She asked, still ever so skeptical by the things he said, Kronos nodded. "Yep, I am human, well, at least as far as I and anyone can know. I had been experimented on by cultists so there could be problems none of us are aware of honestly." Kronos answered with honesty, he still wasn't sure himself.

The lady was quiet, letting everything she had learned soaked in, then look back at him, taking in the fact he does look out of place to be human, yet, truly does look human in many ways. She was about to say something- until the ground suddenly shaked- Alex made sure to keep Kronos safe and to extension, the lady as well. Eventually after some time, the shaking stopped. They all look at one another, unsure what to think of the unexpected occurrence.

"Your majesty, I do believe it is time to leave this land before harm can be done to one of us," Alex commented, gravely concerned for it was not a normal occurrence. Kronos nodded, looking down at the lady again, walking to them and taking off the ropes. "Don't do anything reckless Lady, we're taking you back to the kingdom." Kronos commented, staring at them with a curious yet unsure wonder. He hasn't met another human similar to himself since his visit to the Graduation ceremony in Luminous Kingdom prestigious academy, Ethros Snowthrall academy. The very same ceremony he had met a curious human with the gift of Apothecary.

He wanted to see the curious humans again, they did catch their attention, the chances of a Human being gifted with Apothecary is rare on its own. With a sigh, they start heading on back to the kingdom- only for the trip to be on hold when the ground shook once more and a shrill roar echoed throughout the withering island. Startled and surprised-

Alex immediately stands guard to defend them, looking around for what could have made such a roar, holding their spear, preparing to attack, yet not prepared for what could have stayed on the island for so long. Kronos on the other hand was shocked to say the least, wondering what could be on the island to make such a shrilling roar, he wasn't sure if what is here is merely a guardian...

Or a failed experiment that was created here for unknown purposes.

He would know how it feels to be that of a failed experiment- he gasped, clutching the fabric where his heart should be, falling to his knees- only to be caught by the human girl. He didn't understand what this feeling was, he had never felt such a feeling of phantom pain that should not be there. He faintly heard the sound of his guard and the lady, but it was too far away and muddled together into a mere mess, his sights were a mess and he didn't understand what was happening.