Chapter XXI - The Doll & Final Words

He stares at the doll-like creature before them, to anyone that sees it, it was just simply a blob like doll. Nothing special about it, if he was being honest. However, he knows that it was not a doll. Not one bit. He saw the Doll feast on the flesh of unfortunate mortals, the unfortunate victims it comes across when hunting. The last time the Doll had ever gone hunting was when it had decided to roam the catacombs deep under etheria soil.

The doll returned empty handed, it seems the prayer it chose was not one it would have wanted no more. Oh well, he suppose it can't be helped, seeing as the doll had encountered the son of Death and void. Although now that he thought about it, he should get to feeding the doll before it decides to hunt its prey under the cover of darkness. Which means he needs to go collect some mortals that were put on death sentence. What joy, it seems he would have to do some work to even get those mortals.

Now, if only he could even leave his home without any kind of suspicion...

*

Iron stares at the pile of paperwork that was left sitting on the desk, left untouched for quite some time, he faintly wondered how there is so much more paperwork now than before. His own pile had tripled too since that was an absolute pain. He normally wouldn't have so much work, but here it is. He wonders where Emperor Silk is now. You know what, with a sigh, he decided to just go back to his room and get some sleep.

Just sleep for who knows how long cause he would very much like to enjoy as much rest as possible.

*

Silk stares at his lazy brother, sleeping the day away since he hasn't been seen for almost the whole day, same goes with Emperor Silk being missing for some unknown reason. He faintly wondered where he was, but he wasn't exactly concerned with their well being. He knows that they would be fine, if their title of being a messenger of death was anything. Although he should probably ask why he would even have it as a title, it is a very strange title to have, especially from the time era he was from.

With a shake of his head, he wandered off to figure out what to do for the time being, they still have a week before they would have to go to the Endritch Ball. If he was being honest, he wouldn't have asked his boyfriend if he would go to the ball with him. It would be quite rude or was it very unfortunate? To go to a ball alone. Although at the same time, he doesn't want anyone to laugh at him or spread rumors about dating a mercenary. He just wishes things were a bit nicer, but unfortunately he knows the nobles, especially those from Restorien would be cruel.

With another sigh, they stopped wandering the halls and went back to their room, they might as well go visit said lover anyways. He would love to get some affection from them, since it has been too long since they were together without much to tether them away from each other. With a plan in mind, Silk exchanged his casual royal outfit for his casual traveling outfit. Once he was done, he made sure to go and tell someone, likely Orion, that he would be gone for the time being and would be back by dinner time.

Hopefully.

He would rather not be on the receiving end of Iron and Emperor Silk scolding if he doesn't come back like he said he would. He remembers the last time he didn't get home since he did kinda get captured and Iron was left very overprotective thanks to it. He loves his brother, yes, but sometimes his overprotectiveness can be suffocating. Key word, sometimes.

Anyways, once all that was done, he left the palace and started heading over to where he knew his boyfriend would be at.

The realm guild, better known as Hilianth Zentra Guild.

*

It took awhile, but he eventually managed to get to the entrance of the guild, the courtyard area around the guild was quite active, especially with how there's so many travelers and whatnot here. Ranging from Archers to Mob tamers, from Mages to enchanters, there were all kinds of people here. Sometimes he envies them, but at the same time, his family already has an interesting record for being very adventurous.