The God of Hope or The Lonely God

----- May 4th, 2012 3:51 AM - North Atlantic Ocean ----- 

== Third Person POV ==

Loki is escorted then locked in a cylindrical glass cage. Fury walks around the  outside of the cell and over to a control panel.

"In case it's unclear, you try to escape- you so much as scratch that glass," Fury pushes a button and the floor beneath the cell drops away to nothing, "Thirty thousand feet straight down in a steel trap. You get how that works?"

He pushes the button again and closes the floor. 

He gestures first to Loki, "Ant," then gestures to panel "Boot."

Loki lets out a forced chuckle, "It's an impressive cage. Not built, I think, for me."

"Built for things a lot stronger than you."

"Oh I've heard," Loki turns to a camera to his left, "A mindless beast, makes play he's still a man. And a literal child you know little about. How desperate are you, that you call on such lost creatures to defend you?"

"How desperate am I?," Fury moves toward the cage slowly, "You threaten my world with war, you steal a force you can't hope to control, you talk about peace and you kill 'cause it's fun. You have made me very desperate. You might not be glad that you did."

"Ooh. It burns you to have come so close, to have the Tesseract, to have power- unlimited power, and for what?," Loki smiles and faces a camera to his left, "A warm light for all mankind to share? And then to be reminded what real power is."

Fury smiles back, "Well, let me know if 'real power' wants a magazine or something."

Fury walks away and exits the room, leaving Loki in silence. 

__________

Bruce, Steve, Natasha, Thor, and Y/N were sitting around a table. Steve turns off a screen to Loki's cell. Y/N was just reading a binder in his new suit.

"He really grows on you doesn't he?," Bruce says rhetorically.

"Loki's gonna drag this out," Steve says and asks, "So, Thor, what's his play?"

Thor tells them as he turns, "He has an army called the Chitauri. They're not of Asgard nor any world known. He means to lead the against your people. They will win him the Earth, in return, I suspect, for the Tesseract."

"An army.. from outer space?"

"So, he's building another portal. That's what he needs Erik Selvig for," Bruce says.

"Selvig?" asks Thor.

"He's an astrophysicist."

"He's a friend."

"Loki has them under some kind of spell. Along with one of ours," Natasha tells him.

"I wanna know why Loki let us take him. He's not leading an army from here," Steve adds.

"I don't think we should be focusing on Loki. That guy's brain is a bag full of cats, you can smell crazy on him," Bruce says.

"Have care how you speak. Loki is beyond reason but he is of Asgard, and he is my brother," Thor tells him, and his eyes dart toward Y/N for a second when he says 'brother'.

"He killed eighty people in two days," mentions Natasha.

Thor stands for a moment before awkwardly adding, "..He's adopted."