A Death In The Family

----- November 14th, 2013 - Svartalfheim -----

As the four of them fly over Svartalfheim, Thor puts a blanket over Jane. Y/N looks around the dilapidated Svartalfheim.

Loki glances down at Jane and sighs, "What I could do with the power that flows through those veins."

"It would consume you," Thor tells him.

"She's holding up alright, for now."

"She's strong in ways you'd never even know."

Y/N smacks Thor upside the head while continuing to look around the place. Thor rubs the spot he was hit.

"Say goodbye," Loki tells Thor.

Still rubbing his head, Thor replies, "Not this day."

"This day, the next, a hundred years, it's nothing. It's a heart beat. You'll never be ready. The only woman whose love you've prized will be snatched from you."

"And will that satisfy you?"

"Satisfaction is not in my nature."

"Surrender not in mine."

"The son of Odin..."

"No, not just of Odin! You think you alone were loved of mother? You had her tricks, but I had her trust!"

"Trust. Was that her last expression? Trust? When you let her die!"

"What help were you in your cell?"

"Who put me there? Who put me there?!"

Y/N finally looks at the two of them as Thor grabs hold of Loki, "You know damn well! You know damn well who!"

Thor raises his fist to punch Loki but Y/N grabs it, "Do you really think she'd want the two of you to fight? You're both over 1,000 years old, so act like it."

Loki smiles and replies to the question, "Well, she wouldn't exactly be shocked."

Thor and Y/N both smile at that, and Thor tells Loki, "I wish I could trust you."

Thor turns his back to Loki, and moves back to Jane. Y/N and Loki sit at the back of the boat.

"..Trust my rage."

__________

----- November 14th, 2013 - London, England -----

Back on Earth, Darcy stands in a mental hospital at the front desk. The Officer on the other side sets down a pen and paper in front of her. 

"You'll have to sign for your father's belongings, Ms. Selvig."

Darcy goes to sign the form. The Officer starts pulling out the belongings that Erik Selvig had on him.

"One man's leather wallet, brown. One key ring with three keys. Prescription medicine," he places the wallet, key ring and a plastic bag containing medicine bottles on the counter, "Various."

The officer then bends to pick up another item from behind the counter, at the same time Darcy notices Erik being escorted towards them, "And...," the officer places Erik's gadgets on the counter, "These."

Darcy gives him a fake smile, "Yeah, those. Thank goodness."

Darcy grabs the gadgets and walks over toward Erik as she mumbles, "God, I wish I still had an intern."

When they stand a few feet apart, she says, "Erik.."

"Yes?," he asks, looking at her funnily.

"It's uh...Darcy," she tells him as she points to herself.