Escape From The Eclector

--- October 18th, 2014 - Ego's Courtyard ---

Peter looks up at a giant sculpture of his mother outside. 

Ego is beside him, watching him, sadly.

They were alone, in front of the sculpture of Peter's mother as she holds what seems to be a basket of fruit.

"My mother told everyone my father was from the stars," Peter eventually says, before looking over at Ego and adding, "She had brain cancer - so everyone thought she was delusional."

Ego looks sad, almost ashamed, "Peter-"

"Listen, I'd love to believe all of this, I really would. But you left the most wonderful woman ever, to die alone!," Peter shouts as he walks past Ego, but stops and turns back around.

Ego turns to him, "I didn't want to leave your mother, Peter. But if I don't return regularly to my planet, and the light within, this form will wither and perish--"

Peter interupts him, "Then why didn't you come back? Why'd you send Yondu, a criminal, of all people, to fetch me?!"

"I loved your mother, Peter! I couldn't stand to set foot on an Earth where she wasn't living! You can't imagine what that's like!"

"I know exactly what that's like! I had to watch her die!!"

Ego, realizing his mistake, places a hand on Peter's arm, "Over the millions.. and millions of years of my existence I have made many mistakes, Peter... But you're not one of them. Please give me the chance to be the father she would want me to be. There are so many things I need to teach you. This planet, and the light within... They are a part of you, Peter."

"..What do you mean?," Peter asks.

"Give me your hands, son," Ego takes Peter's hands in his own, gently, putting them in the correct position, "Here. Hold them like that."

Peter holds his hands apart. Ego steps back, holding his hands in the same way.

Ego continues, "Now close your eyes and concentrate. Take your brain to the center of the planet."

Peter takes a deep breath. Ego watches and waits as Peter's eyes slowly open.

Suddenly, a blueish white light emanates from his hands.

"YES! YES!," Ego shouts.

"WHOA!," Peter exclaims.

The light disappears as quickly as it came.

"It's okay. Just relax. Concentrate. You can do it. Bring it back," Ego tells him.

Peter concentrates and the light, once again, bursts up from his hands. He looks at it in shock and full of wonder. Ego smiles at him, proudly.

He tells Peter, "Yes, yes, now, Shape it. Feel the energy."

Peter mimics Ego condensing his hands, pulling in the molecules around him, so that the light itself forms into the shape of a ball.

He tries to pull molecules into the ball.

It was rather lopsided.

Ego looks at him, filled with joy, "..You're home, Peter."

Peter chuckles. He almost looks as if he's going to break down in tears. 

Ego cups his own hands together and holds them out to him. As if signaling him to toss it over.

Peter, smiling, throws him the ball. Ego laughs and inspects the cosmic ball of light. He moves it around in his hands, pulling the atoms together more tightly.