Escape

----- August 3rd, 2014 - The Kyln -----

"If we're gonna get outta here, we need to get into that Watchtower," Rocket explains as they make their way to a table holding weird alien food, "And to that, Imma need a few things. The guards wear security bands to control the ins and outs. I need one."

"Leave to me," Gamora says.

"That guy there," Rocket points at a guy with a prosthetic, "I need his leg."

Y/N looks at Rocket suspiciously with a small smile. He was the only one without food.

Peter asks, "His leg?"

"Yeah. Got no use for the rest of him. Look at him, he's useless," Rocket mutters.

"Alright..," Peter agrees.

The group sits at the table as Rocket continues, "And finally, on the wall back there is a black panel. Blinky yellow light. You see it?"

They look over to the wall at the panel.

"Yeah," Peter says, confused.

"There's a Quarnyx battery behind it. Purplish box, green wires. To get into that Watchtower, I need it."

Y/N, facing towards the panel, watches as Groot starts walking away as the others talk. Groot puts down his cup as he gets closer to the panel.

"How are we supposed to do that?," Gamora asks.

Rocket just tells her, "Well, supposedly these bald-bodies find you attractive, so maybe you could work out some sort of trade."

Y/N continues watching as Groot begins extending his legs upward to the panel, "Uhh, guys?..."

Gamora ignores it, "You must be joking.."

"No, I really heard they find you attractive," Rocket tells her.

"Look, It's twenty feet up in the air, and it's in the most heavily guarded part of the prison. It's impossible to get up there without being seen," Peter adds.

Y/N starts shifting his gaze from Groot to the others a few times, "..You guys really not seeing this?"

"I've got one plan and this plan requires a frickin Quarnyx Battery. So FIGURE IT OUT!," Rocket shouts at Peter, before asking rhetorically, "..Can I get back to it? Thanks."

Meanwhile, Groot rips off the panel with the battery, dropping it onto someone's head. Drax also stands a few feet from him, somehow being one of the only two noticing him.

Groot removes the battery with the wires still connected. 

He looks at the wires strangely then tugs lightly. 

Drax looks around momentarily before looking back at the group. He looks dead into Y/N's eyes as if questioning him. Y/N looks at the others, back to Groot, then just shrugs at Drax.

Rocket continues, "Now this is important. Once the battery is removed, everything is gonna slam into emergency mode. Once we have it, we gotta move quickly. So you definitely need to get that.. last"

The light go out as Groot tugs harder on the battery, ripping it from the wires.

The three start quickly looking around before turning towards Groot, finally noticing what the other three were already aware of.

Alarms start blaring loudly.

Groot obliviously gestures the battery towards them.

"....Or we can just get it first, then improvise," Rocket says.