Escape From Asgard

----- November 14th, 2013 - Asgard -----

Thor and Y/N are sat at a table. Y/N was eating something as Thor wallows. 

Heimdall walks up to the two of them.

"You're not in Odin's war council?," Thor asks Heimdall as Y/N looks up at them midbite.

"The Bifrost is closed by your father's orders. No one is to come or to go," Heimdall takes off his helmet and places it on the table, "We face an enemy that is invisible even to me. Of what use is a guardian such as that?"

He takes a seat beside them looking defeated. Y/N awkwardly puts his food down as he looks at Heimdall.

"Malekith will return, you know this. We'll need your help," Thor tells him, getting to the point.

"I cannot overrule my King's wishes, not even for you."

"I'm not asking you to. The Realms need their All-Father strong and unchallenged, whether he is or not. But he is blinded, Heimdall, by hatred and by grief."

"As are we all," Heimdall says.

"Well I see clearly enough."

"The risks are too great."

Y/N eventually says, "Everything we do from here on is a risk, there is no other way."

Heimdall looks at him and hesitates before replying, "What do you require of me?"

__________

"What I'm about to ask of you is treason of the highest order. Success will bring us exile and failure shall mean our death. Malekith knew the Aether was here, he can sense its power. If we do nothing he will come for it again, but this time lay waste to all of Asgard."

Thor sits holding a meeting with Sif, Fandral, and Volstagg. Heimdall and Y/N stand just behind him.

Thor continues, "We must move Jane off world."

"The Bifrost has been shut down and the Tesseract locked away in a vault," Sif argues.

"There are other paths off Asgard, ways known only to a few," Heimdall tells them.

And Thor adds, "One, actually."

The three others suddenly realize who he means.

"No," Volstagg blatantly says.

Fandral puts up a better argument with, "He will betray you."

"He will try," Thor admits.

"Well, what then? Your lovely mortal is being guarded by a legion of our Einherjar who will see you coming from miles away."

"I won't be the one who comes for her," Thor says before he looks over to Sif.

"And what of the All-Father?," She asks.

Heimdall tells them, "It is my sworn duty to notify him of crimes against the throne.."

Volstagg pipes up, anxiously, "Assuming you can get Loki's help, and you can free this mortal, what good would it do? We'd all be dead the minute we step one foot outside the palace.

"That, my friend, is why we won't be leaving by foot," Thor explains.

"Very well, so you have a plan. Are you actually aware of everything that can go wrong?," asks Fandral.

Thor looks at him then back to Y/N behind him. He takes a breath before turning back to Fandral.

"..Then don't do it because you believe in the plan... Do it for your belief in him," Thor points to Y/N.