Party Crashers

--- May 2nd, 2015 - Avengers Tower, NYC ---

The party was raging.

Nearly a hundred or more people had shown up.

Steve was off playing pool with Sam Wilson.

Clint was speaking with Dr. Helen Cho.

And Bruce was off talking to Natasha.

Y/N, Thor, Tony, Hill were at the bar listening as James Rhodes told a story.

"Well, you know, the suit can take the weight, right? So I take the tank, fly it right up to the General's palace, drop it at his feet, I'm like, 'Boom! You looking for this?'," Tony, Thor, and Y/N just look at him blankly, "'Boom! Are you looking--' Why am I even talking to you guys? Everywhere else that story kills."

"That's the whole story?," Thor inquires.

"Yeah, it's a 'War Machine' story.."

Y/N just smiles awkwardly, "..Oh Well, it's a very good story..."

Thor chuckles, "Yes, It's impressive."

"Quality save," Rhodes tells them before asking Tony, "So, no Pepper? She's not coming?"

"No."

"Hey what about Jane?," Hill asks Thor before asking generally, "Where are the ladies, gentlemen?"

"Well, Miss Potts has a company to run," Tony tells her.

"Yes, I'm not even sure what country Jane's in. Her work on the convergence has made her the world's foremost astronomer," Thor says.

Tony nods before adding, "And the company that Pepper runs is the largest tech conglomerate on earth.. It's pretty exciting."

Thor nods at that before immediately replying, "There's even talk of Jane getting a... um, uh... 'Nobel prize'."

Hill, Rhodes, and Y/N all look at each other. Y/N was trying hard not to laugh at the pair.

"Yeah, they...they must be busy because they'd hate missing you guys get together," Hill says sarcastically, before asking Y/N, "What about you L/N? Got anyone special?"

The smile on his face dropped, and he looked back and forth between all of them. He just blinks as if lost in thought.

Then he says, "Uhh.. No?"

The other four look at him confused.

"Was that a question?," Rhodes asked.

"....Perhaps.."

Thor grows a wide smile at his brother, "So there is someone? That's wonderful, brother!"

Y/N then suddenly looked off to the side, "Huh, what's that?.. Sorry, guys, I'll be right back.. I think I heard Bruce talking about me across the room.."

Thor's brows furrowed at that, "I didn't hear--"

But before he finishes, Y/N just takes off into the crowd of people.

They watch as Y/N disappears.

Then Thor turns to Tony and says with a straight face, still on their 'debate', "But Jane's better."

_____

"Sounds like a hell of a fight, sorry I missed it."

Steve and Sam were walking up to the overlook.

"If I had known it was going to be a firefight I absolutely would have called you," Steve told him.