Orange Eyes

----- January 14th, 2014 - Washington D.C -----

"Do you solemnly swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth?"

Natasha was at the Capitol for a Senate Hearing. A bunch of news reporters were surrounding her. And a shit ton of pictures were being taken.

"I do," she says. 

She takes a seat and crosses her arms. She's not particularly happy being here.

"Why haven't we yet heard from Captain Rogers or Superman?"

Natasha takes in a breathe, "I don't know what there is left for them to say. I think the wreck in the middle of the Potomac made their point fairly eloquently." 

"Well, they could explain how this country is expected to maintain its national security now that the three of you have laid waste to our intelligence apparatus," one of them tells her.

"HYDRA was selling you lies, not intelligence." 

"Many of which you seemed to have had a personal hand in telling." 

Another member speaks up, "Agent, you should know that there are some on this committee who feel, given your service record, both for this country and against it, that you belong in a penitentiary. Not mouthing off on Capitol Hill."

"You're not going to put me in a prison. You're not going to put any of us in a prison. You know why?," she asks with snark. 

"Do enlighten us." 

"Because you need us," she says bluntly, "Yes, the world is a vulnerable place, and yes, we help make it that way. But we're also the ones best qualified to defend it. So, if you want to arrest me, arrest me. You'll know where to find me."

And at that she stands.

She turns and leaves without waiting for a reply. The Senate not bothering to say anything. And absolutely no one bothering to stop her.

__________

----- January 15th, 2014 - Washington D.C -----

Y/N, Steve and Sam were standing in front of a grave. A false grave for Fury. Speaking of, the man himself approaches them from behind.

"So, you've experienced this sort of thing before," Fury says to Steve and Y/N.

"You get used to it," Y/N jokes.

"We've been data mining HYDRA'S files. Looks like a lot of rats didn't go down with the ship," he tells them before mainly directing to Steve, "I'm headed to Europe tonight. Wanted to ask if you'd come."

"There's something I got to do first."

While they talk, Y/N's ear twitches. He looks around quickly before looking into the sky. There it is again.

Fury turns to Sam, "How about you, Wilson? Could use a man with your abilities." 

"I'm more of a soldier than a spy."

Fury turns to Y/N, "You got other plans too, L/N?"

Y/N was still looking at the sky. 

So Sam hits him in the arm. It causes Y/N to pay attention, but his fist still hurts. Y/N looks at them confused.

"Oh uh, yeah. I think I might have something come up," Y/N eventually says, glancing upward at the last sentence.

"All right, then.. Anybody asks for me, tell them where they can find me, right here," Fury says before walking off.

Y/N gets distracted once more. He slowly starts staring upward again. He was confused.

Natasha shows up just as Fury walks away, "You should be honored. That's about as close as he gets to saying thank you."

"Not going with him?," Steve asks her.

"No."

"Not staying here." 

"Nah.. I blew all my covers. I got to go figure out a new one," She says.

"That might take a while." 

"I'm counting on it," She pulls out a folder and hands it to him, "That thing you asked for, I called in a few favors from Kiev. Will you do me a favor? Call that nurse."

"She's not a nurse." 

"And you're not a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent."

Steve looks down at the folder before quickly looking back up, "What was her name again?" 

"Sharon. She's nice," They stand there for a moment before Natasha gives Steve a kiss on the cheek and goes to walk away, "Be careful, Steve. You might not want to pull on that thread."

As she walks away, Steve opens the folder. Inside was a few papers, and a picture of Bucky cryogenically frozen. Sam looks over at it.

"You're going after him," Sam simply says.

"You don't have to come with me." 

"I know... When do we start?," asks Sam.

Steve closes the folder, "As soon as possible. Y/N, you coming with us?"

Sam and Steve turn to see Y/N still staring up into the sky. He's been quiet this whole time. Quickly they notice that his eyes were glowing orange.

He was mumbling something,.. as if he was singing, "Hail.. What's the matter with your head, yeah.."

"Y/N?," Steve calls.

This causes Y/N to look back down, His eyes back to their normal color.

Y/N just calmly says, "..You guys go on ahead. There's something I need to do."

Steve and Sam just look at each other before nodding and walking off. Y/N materializes his suit around him. He looks up again, trying to figure out where the music is coming from.

He was going to find out the source no matter how long it took. 

It too was calling to him.

He jumps straight up, leaving a dust trail behind him.

Directly upward.

Up to Space.

Superman is going to space.

Superman is exploring the Galaxy.

____________________