Battle On Ego

____________________

A/N: ...Before we get into this, I just want to say..... Y'all really should've seen this coming. If you still haven't figured it out by now, You'll get it when it happens.

__________

--- October 19th, 2014 - Somewhere in the Universe ---

The Quadrant, looking nothing more than a blinking light, pops in and out on a trail across the cosmos. It keeps dashing all across the Universal Neural Teleportation Network.

Inside, the whole bodies of Rocket, Groot, Yondu, and Kraglin distort violently as they scream their way around the universe.

The Quadrant comes to a halt at its intended destination.

Ego's Planet, or more technically Ego himself, in the space just in front of them.

Yondu, Kraglin, and Rocket fall out of their seats, retching and clutching their stomachs. 

Baby Groot just straight up vomits. No hesitation, no gagging.

"What the hell you doing, boy?!," Yondu yells at Rocket.

Rocket pushes himself off the ground, "I could tell by how you talked about him - this Ego is bad news.. We're here to save Quill."

"For what?!," Yondu then questions, derisively, "For 'Honor'? For 'Love'?"

"No, I don't care about those things!," Rocket tells him, "I want to save Quill so I can prove I'm better than him! I can lord this over him forever!"

Yondu chuckles as he pulls himself up to the controls.

"What are you laughing at me for?," Rocket questions.

Yondu makes his way forwards near the window, "You can fool yourself and everyone else but you can't fool me... I know who you are."

"You don't know anything about me, loser," Rocket says, bitterly.

"I know everything about you! I know you play like the meanest and the hardest 'cause you actually the most scared of all."

Rocket tells him, "Shut up!"

"I know you steal batteries you don't need and you push away anyone who's willing to put up with you, 'cause just a little bit of love reminds you how big and empty that hole inside you actually is!"

"I said Shut Up!," Rocket shouts.

But Yondu persists, "I know the scientists what made you never gave a rat's ass about you--"

"I'm serious, Dude!!"

"Just like my own damn parent, who sold me, their own little baby, into slavery," Yondu adds, "I know who you are, boy! Because you're me."

They stare at each other..

Completely different species but here they are. It's like looking into a mirror.

"...What kind of a pair are we?," Rocket somewhat jokes.

Yondu backs away and slowly moves on over to the controls next to Kraglin, "The kind that's about to go fight a planet I reckon."

"All right! That's good, okay, That's--," Rocket starts before he stops than stares over at Yondu, "Wait. Fight a what?"

__________

--- Ego's Planet - Sleeping Quarters ---

Gamora, furious, bursts into the room. She sees Mantis standing with Drax.