Attack on the Helicarrier

----- May 4th, 2012 7:16 AM - North Atlantic Ocean ----- 

== Y/N's POV ==

The sun shines bright through the window to the lab.

Tony, Bruce, and I were the only ones in there. Tony and Bruce were on the other side of the room, working on finding the Tesseract.

I was on the opposite side, a screen hanging from the ceiling in front of me. 

But I wasn't paying attention to it.

I was staring to my right. 

At Loki's scepter.

I felt off just looking at it.

It faintly glowed as I stared, so entranced I didn't notice Bruce appear next to me.

"I know it's probably obvious, but I used to read your comics when I was younger," Bruce tells me, startling me.

My head snaps toward Doctor Banner. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

"So did I," I say.

I used to read them before each battle. It hyped me up. Reminded me why I was there.

"..Is it true you threw a tank into another?," he asks.

I smile, remembering when that happened, "Yeah, uh the tank was aiming at Steve from behind. So I threw the first thing I could find."

I looked back at the screen. It was running Tony's Decryption Program I modified earlier. It'll be done in a few minutes.

"..You know, Out of everyone here, I feel like you're the only one capable of taking down the big guy," Bruce says.

I look over at him, "..Thanks? I'm not sure that'd need to happen though."

The monitor starts beeping. I look back at it to see the program finished.

So that's why they want the Tesseract so bad.

"Tony, check this out," I call over to him.

Tony and Bruce come over and look at the screen. I move out of the way as Tony takes a seat on the table. 

The door opens and Fury steps in. He quickly makes his way in front of us.

"What are you doing, Mr. Stark?"

"Uh- kind of been wondering the same thing about you," Tony replies.

"You're supposed to be locating the Tesseract."

"We are, the model's locked and we're sweeping for the signature now. When we get a hit, we'll have the location within half a mile," Bruce tells him.

"And you'll get your cube back, no muss, no fuss," Tony says.

 "What's Phase Two?," I ask.

Steve enters, and slams a large gun on the table. I've seen that gun before. That's a HYDRA gun.

"Phase Two is SHIELD uses the Cube to make weapons," Steve tells us, before directing to Tony, "Sorry, computer was moving a little slow for me."

"Rogers, we gathered everything related to the Tesseract. This does not mean that we're-"

"Ah, I'm sorry, Nick," Tony turns the screen towards Fury, It shows a plan for a missile, "What were you lying?"

"I was wrong, Director. The world hasn't changed a bit," Steve says to Fury.