A Plan

----- August 3rd, 2014 - The Eclector -----

"You betrayed me! Steal my money!"

Yondu had Peter held up against the wall. He was striking him in the gut over and over. Yondu's men were cackling with each hit.

The Ravagers held Gamora back.

"Stop it!," Gamora shouts, "Leave him alone!"

Yondu ignores her, "When I picked you up as a kid, these boys wanted to eat you. They ain't never tasted Terran before. I saved your life!"

"Oh, will you shut up about that?!," Peter yells back, tired of the same story he's heard before, "God! Twenty years, you've been throwing that in my face, like it's some great thing, not eating me! Normal people don't even think about eating someone else! Much less that person having to be grateful for it! You abducted me, man. You stole me from my home and from my family."

"You don't give a damn about your Terra! You're scared because you're soft, in here," Yondu beats his chest, "Here! Right here!" 

He grabs Peter again by the collar to hit him.

"Yondu! Listen to me! Ronan has something called an Infinity Stone," Gamora tries to tell him.

Yondu snarls as he turns to look at her, "I know what he's got, girl."

"Then you know we must get it back! He's gonna use it to wipe out Xandar. We have to warn them. Billions of people will perish."

"Is that what she's been filling your head with, boy? Sentiment?," he slaps Peter and his men laugh, "Eating away your brain like maggots! That's it."

He slides his jacket back and whistles lightly.

His arrow shoots from his hip straight to Peter's throat.

"No!," Gamora yells.

"Sorry, boy. But a captain's gotta teach his men what happens to those what cross him."

"Captain's gotta teach stuff!," Kraglin shouts and the others grunt in agreement.

Peter tries the first thing that comes to mind, "..If you kill me now, you are saying goodbye to the biggest score you have ever seen..."

Yondu smiles and slowly turns to face him. His arrow still just hovering, with the tip nearly piercing Peter's Adams apple.

"The Stone? I hope you got something better than that. Because ain't nobody stealing from Ronan."

"..We got a ringer."

"Is that right?"

Peter looks over at Gamora and tells Yondu, "She knows everything there is to know about Ronan. His ships, his army."

Yondu glances over to her.

"He's vulnerable," Gamora says, playing along.

"Hey, what do you say, Yondu, huh? Me and you, taking down a mark side-by-side, like the old days," Peter says, letting out a forced chuckle.

Yondu hesitates as he thinks for a moment, then he whistles and his weapon moves from Peter's throat. Yondu and his men start to bellow out laughter.

Peter joins in.

Gamora forcefully ripped herself from the hands of Yondu's men.

"Let him go!," Yondu tells his men as he wraps an arm around him, "Oh! You always did have a scrote, boy! That's why I kept you on as a young'un."

Just then the ship shakes, as if it got hit by something. 

They all look around quickly before running straight to the bridge. Two of Yondu's men were still there in pilot seats, looking out from the window.