12. Drive

Sidharth please phone uthao! A worried Shehnaaz paced the floor of her room in worry, after the breakdown in front of Maa she has retired to her room and has been waiting for Sidharth.

She knew she messed it up a big time but has she realised it back then, no she hasn't, she just spoke it in the moment as anyone else would have done it, a lame joke for many of us to go back and never come back, not meaning any of that though but her "kabhi vapis nhi aaungi" had left a huge impact on Sidharth she knew. It always had brought him out to react in certain ways but the way he did today was something she couldn't relate to, he used to ignore when angry yes but never ran away from the situation, this was never his thing but he did it today, he just agreed to her demand without a word and left. She should be happy right, this was what she wanted, to keep the baby, to not abort, she was actually very happy but somewhere deep in her heart she felt a little gloomy too.
She wanted Sidharth to be as happy as she was but she don't even know how is he actually taking this.

He was always clear on his reactions, being with him for three years she actually has developed an ability to understand her husband with a blink of her eyes, he spoke limited unless he is angry and in anger he speaks those things which he will not mean even for a second, if he is stressed he either goes in a shell or limits himself in his study which is a very small space for anyone else to enter with just a chair and big wooden almirahs filled with his books, not only medical books but also the general, fictional kind of books and she has always wondered how did he managed his time, medical studies are time consuming and she knew that but her husband has never given his passion for reading novels.

A knock on the door brought her out of her thoughts.
She opened the door only to find Maa there with a bowl of "sooji ka halwa", her favorite.

"Maa soye nhi aap", I spoke
" Mujhe dekh kar lag raha hai mai so gayi" She joked and Shehnaaz giggled.

" Sooji ka halwa, itni raat ko" Shehnaaz exclaimed after a minute.
" Cake nhi pasand hai na tujhe mera bacha" , she spoke smiling caressing her hairs.

" Haan par Halwa itni raat ko kyun, meri pasand ka itna khayal" , she asked again.
" Voh ummm aise hi, aur aise baat kar rahi hai jaise tumhara dhyaan kabhi rakha hi nhi" , she shrugged and faked annoyance at last.

" Haaye nhi voh matlab nhi tha meri sau lagge" She spoke pinching her throat in between her fingers.
" Bilkul bachi hai Shehnaaz Tu" maa smiled and she giggled again.

" Aise hi haste reh bacha, kya rakha hai aise rone main, ab kal ko ye bacha aayega aur dekhega ki mere maa baap toh mujhse bade wale bache hai, haina" She teased and Shehnaaz Nodded but then her eyes went wide in realisation about what she said.

" Maa Yaaar " She whined and Maa laughed.
" Acha le bata kaisa bana hai" Maa offered and she took the bowl with a smile.

"Umm itna tasty hai na man karta hai saara akele hi kha jaon", she moaned relishing it wholeheartedly making Maa smiled genuinely.
" Aap itna acha halwa kaise banate ho, ek dum perfect hai" , she asked eating some more from the bowl.

" Maaji ne sikhaya tha, tab se aisa hi ban raha hai I guess", she shrugged.
" Usse pehle pta hai kabhi paani zyada toh kabhi cheeni but jab unke saath banaya na tab ek dum sahi andaza lag gaya, aur Sidharth ka favorite tha ek time par" Maa spoke smiling remembering the old days.

" Arey main toh bhool hi gayi aap bhi khao" , Shehnaaz offered but then realised she has eaten from the same spoon so and her logic says jhootha ho gaya hai.