18. Efforts.

"Shehnaaz get up baba, we need to get your checkup done, blood tests bhi karaane hai kuch", Sidharth spoke 1 in the afternoon.

No, they didn't fought again and neither did she brought back that topic again, they both just stayed in each other's embrace for the longest time there in the balcony. They had their food in silence in the morning, doing nothing but just being their for the other one, he was much better than last night all thanks to her again, they fight, they even speak things which he know none of them meant but still the time with each other doing nothing but still everything has his heart.
It was after an hour of being there in complete silence when he found Shehnaaz snoring down lightly with her head on his biceps making him chuckle. He picked her up and settled her on the bed, tucking her properly he picked up his phone for checking if there's some emergency in the hospital, no matter what he couldn't be ignorant towards his work, also for checking on Dr. Khurana, as he don't want to disturb her schedule or her time at home.

Shehnaaz has been sleeping for 2 hours now and he has utilised this time in reading, calming his mind, books not his textbooks of the medical science, the general novels, is his solace he knew, not that he gets much time for himself but the bit he is able to gather he loves reading, the only thing which he chose for himself without caring about other's dreams and his responsibility to fulfill them were these novels and Wuthering Heights his favorite of all, These tiny bundle of pages, these books has been his escape from the actual world when he felt stressed out Or loosing his sanity in the ups and downs of his life, became his best friend when he required someone the most, the time when his father left for the abode above, he had everyone around but then there was something he wanted to hold himself too, these kept him sane in that time as he knew he could just not burden his Mother everytime even when he was totally a mother's boy, she had a lot in her plate to handle, he just couldn't burden her that time, nothing wrong but then he just didn't felt it right either.
It was 1 when he decided she needs to wake up, so here he was waking her up, he knew she is up already knowing how light her sleep was but she needed attention he knew by how she was clutching the blanket over her and he chuckled slightly before getting on his work of giving her the desired attention this time.

Her face glowing even in sleep, he had noticed, he noticed every small thing about her from the very start of their marriage, from the pout that adorned her lips to the way she snuggles in sleep to herself when she is unable to find him beside her in sleep, he had noticed everything, but then again never voiced it out maybe that is how he has been always and no one tried to change him ever, His mother would get him without even trying and she was all he had before Shehnaaz entered his life. He had Ria, her husband Jagdish, her daughter Naina and Aditi too but then again the close he was to Maa was not Comparable.

"Shehnaaz", he called her sitting besides her on the bed and gently caring her hairs, her long hair his second favorite in her, he loves feeling them. The first one being a past now. She was perfect back then, even now too but the old look of Shehnaaz was his favorite, she was not moti but not someone you would call patli as such, she was perfect he would say, the fat was present at the perfect places which he loved for a fact but she has reduced every ounce of fat present in her body in the past year, he miss her fluffy cheeks he would pull onto so frequently. But then this is what her career demands and he has been a supporting husband or so was what he thought, she could tell better.

She is loosing a lot of weight even now when it should be the opposite, she is supposed to gain weight in her pregnancy right but he feels her more lean than yesterday everyday, Gynaecology was never his line, even in 4th year of his MBBS he had to do it for the sake of clearing the pg entrance but the interest never developed. But now it looks he needs to open all those books again and get through them and may even had to go through the pg books of the same, but then it would be the same rant from her side 'you have no time for me' which he couldn't afford, she looks weak and dull even after that glow on her face and he would make sure he is there for her everytime she feels alone.
She actually stresses a lot he has realised, the only reason he refrained himself from any kind of conversation during this phase to keep her stress free, this phase of 9 months is a journey which he wanted to live in too his fullest holding her throughout their up's and down's but she has been adamant too know who Myra was, although she knew who she was but he was sure she has never thought it that way, He accepts that it's his fault he has not been able to confide her to him on her insecurities and make her comfortable in that zone, but then wasn't she too ignorant on it for most of their time together, she never really asked who she was, she just assumed her to be his girlfriend who has left him and thus he is how he is and he has let it be. As said earlier He has never learnt to speak something that has not been asked from him, he speaks limited he knew but with her his limits are crossed most of the times.