24. The Fear of....

"Sidharth it's nothing to worry as of now, the test reports doesn't scream worry but.... "

"But?" He asked impatient knowing it is related to her blood pressure somewhere. Agreed not a gynecologist but he was a well known doctor for sure, he could actually feel this to be the reason but then he just needs to be sure.

"Her bp still remains low, I don't think it's good for both the mother and the child if it persists for longer, and we couldn't possibly prescribe her medications, just make her eat properly, low carbs, Plenty of water, fruits vegetables, Shehnaaz ke saamne nhi bola because I guess she will take it emotionally and it's not right for her health."

" She doesn't feel like eating these days" He sighed.

" Hota hai Sidharth, the second trimester it is, Anxiety bhi hoti hogi but still she has to and only you can make her eat it, also I have seen her dull today, just make sure she stays happy "

" I know it's common in pregnancy but still her energy levels have dropped by a great extent Dr. , she is energetic yes but she feels tired by a fifteen minute walk nowadays the only time I feel she tries to stay energetic is on her shoots but still fails a lot of time. "

" Every pregnancy is different Sidharth,as a doctor you know this already don't you, and this is what something faced by one or the other everyday, about her weight, it has increased you might have noticed, the breasts have been a lot tender and it is a sign that everything is fine for now, During examination I noticed the small pouch of fat on her lower stomach now, her insecurity is baseless but then every person has different pregnancy mood swings, tackle toh tumhe hi karne padhege, about the stomach I know she has to understand it more than anyone else, pregnancy in real is different from that of a movie, yes the mood swings and some few facts are real but nothing else" She has laughed saying the last line and he joined her.

" But Sidharth on a serious note, her blood pressure needs to be corrected soon, Low blood pressure could reduce the rate at which the fetus receives a continuous supply of blood also could cause brain damage to the fetus and stillbirth in a few cases, I know she has improved a lot but still we need to keep it in check Sidharth " She spoke and he nodded, he had already noted this.

"Hope she is taking her Iron and Calcium tablets time to time Sidharth"

" She is I make sure of the same myself, that's not an issue here "

"Also it's 19th week, next week we have to give the second dose of TT and I'm thinking to conduct the second sonogram the same week, pehle se bata dena, everytime she won't be lucky to have your OT finish the same moment and her being Trypanophobic isn't helping us" She added and Sidharth nodded remembering the 16th week of her pregnancy when she was given the first dose of TT.

" Amma Nhi, Sidharth ne nhi bataya tha " She had shrieked the exact moment Dr. Khurana has brought the ampoule and the syringe to give her the first dose of tetanus vaccine .

" What's happening Shehnaaz are you alright" She asked carefully seeing her breath going faster and faster, she was panicking she could see but the reason was unknown to her because just a second before she was alright.

" Sidhaarthhh" She whispered holding her hands together.

" Relax Shehnaaz kuch nhi ho raha yaha, I will call him" Dr. Khurana spoke and she nodded sitting silently, trying to be stronger but she knew she was failing.