17. Dishevelled

It was 8 in the evening when Sidharth returned home, the scrub top still on, the surgical gloves, scrub cap, and gown disposed already, the top had patches of blood and some fluid, anyone could tell that he has just came out of OT, a little disheveled, a little sloshed too, so unlikely of him, 8 years he has not drank more than a can of beer, beer because that was the least he could shift too, he couldn't stop it all of a sudden and talking about the past 4 years, he has almost stopped drinking unless for a few occasions here and there, his wife yet again playing an important role, no she has never stopped him, not even once because he actually drank in a limit a can is no harm you see, but she just has a phenomenon of revulsion because of the smell maybe, and being a little considerate that he is he has actually controlled himself specially when around her, about considerate towards whom is still a question as she never complained, but today it was more than just a can, more than just beer, not out of his senses, he could not right, he had to drive back home and drink and drive is a crime, yet a little more than that level, he was not even tipsy how could he be sloshed then, still in whole of his senses just a little loose to let go off his emotions easily.

" Kya hua Sidharth ye kya haal bana rakha hai, why haven't you changed it back in the hospital" Maa asked seeing him, not everyday you find him drunk, especially not in front of her, she knows he drinks, even smokes but he actually refrains it in front of her, not everytime well most of the times, unless it's in some gatherings or his emotions are taking a toll on him and this time it seemed the second possibility, the disheveled hairs, The blood patch on his scrub top, something was bothering him she was sure.

" Voh aise hi, Shehnaaz" He asked not actually sitting anywhere, he knows he needs to dispose these clothes and have a bath first.

" So rahi hai, Abhi just 6:30 aai thi, thakaan I guess, she is still weak Sidharth, check up karwana chaiye, I guess, not good for both of them bacha"

"I will see that Maa, kal subah maybe Dr. Khurana I will ask her when she is free"

" Khana khayega, laga doon, ya uske saath hi khayega"

"Kuch bhi nhi khaya kya usne, Mera mood nhi hai, jab voh uthegi Tab uske saath hi kha lunga man kiya toh"

" You okay! "

" I am, I am Aap baitho I will just come, Akele mat khana aapko bhi bor hoga hain, aa.... Aa raha hoon"

" Okay! "

" Acha suno do I stink a lot"
" Not a lot but a bit, kapdo par giri hai whatever you had I guess, not you your clothes stink, this blood fluid too na, OT se aa raha hai direct"

" Hmm... Aata hoon"

" You sure na Montu, You Scaring Me"

" I am, I am, It's Just.... Kuch nhi chodo" He walked into his room, took his tee and shorts and was off in the bathroom but the shuffling has made her stirr in sleep, light sleeper she was, a blow of wind could wake her up too quite opposite to Sidharth.

" Good Evening Maa" She hugged her coming out of the room with a smile, three days, not the longest she had been away but still the toughest, what changed? Maybe Everything she knew.

" Uth kyun gaya Bacha, Sojati thodi der aur! "

" Haaye nhi, raat ko neend nhi aayegi phir, Pareshaan hoga voh, subah jaldi uthna hoga na aur vaise bhi jab tak shanti na ho voh sota nhi hai, aur main... I doubt agar jaagi toh shaanti hogi kamre main"

" I am on a day off, nhi jaa raha kal" He announced coming out freshly showered, Ok again unusual, He was never on a day off, not when he had not planned it earlier, this was unexpected.