chapter 48

KHALID Mirza p.o.v

I won't lie that I didn't feel better by praying , after so many years I prayed again . It was never a regular prayer but I used to pray in Jummah with my father and brother in law but after everything happened , I just kept drowning in sin .

" Feeling good " Amira sat beside me as the sun started speeding it's brightness over the sky .

" Yeah.." I said after a while .

" Why didn't you run away? " I asked . After I got to know I am under attack , I made sure all my family members goes in safe place including Amira yet she came back even Osman didn't even came to check on me once but I do understand his situation it's just that didn't she thought once or feared her life .

" I was worried about you "she tucked some grass from the ground then blew away from her hand .

" You do realise , if something happen to me you will be free to live your life the way you want " 

Her attention was fully on mine " I don't live my life the way I want or you want , I live my life the way Allah Subhana wa ta'ala want  " 

" At Least I try, " she added, shrugging her shoulders .

" That's not the point " I shook my head .

" Why did you come back , why didn't you run to save your life, ,," I am genuinely confused . I know she is a good person with a good heart but in the end you are a human being and most importantly there is no love in our marriage so why .

" I don't know " she whispered, confused by her actions too .

" I genuinely don't know " she looked at me. " All I know is I cannot see you hurt , I want to do everything, but I feel like I can do nothing. I know you are hurting and it cuts me into a million pieces and watching you all alone fighting , it was scary I know that I cannot help you but at least I want to be by your side that's it " 

Her words made my heart skip a beat  and the raw emotion of concern in her eyes made my stomach do a flip .

What the hell is happening to me , I never felt this way for anyone not even for-

I was so engrossed staring into her eyes that I didn't notice her expression change into horrifying before she could scream , O felt a twinge on my neck .

AMIRA Sultan p.o.v

We were so engrossed staring into each other's eyes that I didn't notice someone was behind him until it was too late. Khalid fell flat on the ground in front of me.

The man holding a syringe came into my view. I opened my mouth to scream but I felt something in my hand .

I fell on the ground in a heap with darkness surrounding me .

I think we are in deep trouble ….

I blink my eyes to see long trees everywhere . It was clear we were in a deeper part of the forest . I felt my whole body was stiff like I have worked for a whole day without any rest . I groaned trying to move but I couldn't, I realised , my arms were tied on my back . Don't freak out …. Don't freak out ..

I noticed a rope around my ankles and groaned in pain but it only made me gag because of the cloth in my mouth . They must have stuff to keep me from making noise .

I just hope I don't have dirty clothes in my mouth .

I squirmed in the ground and saw jet black hair peeking out behind the tree .

Khalid was tied on the same tree with me and it didn't make me jump in joy . 

At least I am not alone .