18- You've got me

Michelle pov

After I got back at the house, no one was there. Thank God. I didn't have the energy to deal with any of them right now. I went to my room and laid on my bed. Nicklaus still has not send anything back and I'm seriously starting to freak out.

I know he is probably ignoring me, but jeez I can't chill out until I know that he is fine. Which I hate might I add. I was texting Gracie when someone knocked on the door. When I looked up it was Bear.

"Can I come in?" He asked smiling at me. "Sure" I said looking at him. "Are you okay, Ellie?" he asked sitting on my bed. "I'm just perfect" I say with a fake smile. "You don't have to pretend with me, you know. I want to be there for you." he said looking at me hopeful.

"Look Bear, you really are great and probably along with Maggie the best people in this fucked up family, but.." He cut me off. "But you don't trust us"he said kinda of hurt. "Look I don't want to be mean or hurt you but after everything it's difficult to trust people, you know? " I said looking at him.

"Don't worry about it, but I will be here all the way and I hope one day that you will be able to trust me, but until then I will be patient." He said putting his hand on my shoulder.

"I appreciate that" I said smiling at him. He nodded and smiled back at me. "I probably should go to the gym before our brother gets himself murdered in the boxing ring." he said irritated."I would love to have a front row seat for that showdown" I said smirking. Bear laughed at me and then left.

After a few hours I got called by one of the maids saying that dinner was ready. I am not ready for this shit show. When I got in the dining room everyone was already there. They all drew their attention to me when I got there. I just walked to my seat and sat down.

I could feel they were staring at me. "Is there something on my face?" I asked irritated and rolled my eyes. Everyone looked shocked, but turned their eyes away from me when the food was brought out.

I saw Vivian and Ricardo giving each other weird looks. What the fuck is that about? "So your driver told me that the Diaz family moved over here." Ricardo said directly at me.

"Yeah Nonna got a job here, that pays better" I said while cutting my steak. "Nonna?" Isabella asked me. "It's a nickname, her name is Naomi but before I called her mom, I called her Nonna" I said and then taking a bite of my steak. I saw how everyone hated that I called Nonna mom but that is what she is to me, Vivian isn't even a close second. Hell she doesn't even make the cut.

"If you don't mind me asking where did you live before Naomi took you in?" Viviane asked. I did not expect that, why are they suddenly so interested in my life when I got here they barely talked to me.

I don't talk about what happened before I became a Diaz, like ever. It's like that one subject everyone knows they should avoid. "A bit of every where" I lied. I knew they didn't buy it but I knew there was no way they will find out what happened no matter how powerful they are, HE made sure of it.

After that dinner was mostly silent and everyone having their own little conversation. We all then said our good nights and went to our rooms. I got a text from Eleanor saying "See you at school tomorrow Idiot." I rolled my eyes and smiled.

That was when my phone rang it was Nicklaus. "Ivanov, why didn't you answer my texts." I asked angry not even saying hi to him. "New Girl, I... I need your help" He said coughing, he sounded weak.

"Where are you?" I asked concerned. "I'm in a ally close to that park we were, it's near a bakery " he said while coughing again. "Just hold on okay, I'm on my way" I said putting on my jacket. "Hurry Michelle, I don't know how long I can hold on" he said and then hung up. He has never calls me Michelle I didn't even know he knew my name, which means this is serious.