2.𝐄𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐧𝐠

Damon Salvatore.

Mia wasn't at all surprised to find out it was him. She didn't know him personally nor did she need to. She already hated him for what he did to Lexi in 1977. 

The older Salvatore brother had turned his humanity off, he fed and killed many innocent people so his brother Stefan had sent Lexi to go and help him. She spent six months trying to get him to turn it back on and he repaid the favour by pretending he was in love with her, sleeping with her, then leaving her on the rooftop of a club and barricading the door so she couldn't leave until the sun went down.

Six months she spent trying to save someone who didn't want to be saved. Six months she spent away from Mia because she was doing a favour for friend. Six months wasted because Damon Salvatore was an asshole who only cared about himself.

And now he had just increased the expectation of how evil and heartless he was. He had killed Lexi. He was the reason Mia was alone. 

Mia knew all about Stefan and Lexi's relationship. They had been best friends for a long time and they really cared about each other. Although Mia had never actually met the younger Salvatore brother she knew enough about him to know that, even though he may be angry about his brother killing his best friend, he would never repay the favour and kill Damon. This meant that it was up to Mia to avenge Lexi.

~~~~

"Here you go" Lee handed the brunette a small box, she opened it to find a silver ring with a lapis lazuli gemstone. It was a daylight ring. Mia hadn't owned one before because she never felt the need for one. She enjoyed the feeling of freedom when the sun had finally set and the sense of routine when it had risen again. However if she was going to Mystic Falls she felt it was necessary to have one so she could play the role of a regular teenager.

"Thanks, you're a lifesaver" she took the ring out of the box and placed in on her finger. She then walked towards the curtains opened them slightly and slowly placed her hand into the light. "Works like a charm, remind me to send Olive flowers." she sighed in relief as she looked at her hand that would've normally scalded if she wasn't wearing the ring.

"So, when you leaving?" Lee asked. He wasn't going to bother trying to convince her not to kill Damon, he didn't want her to lower herself to the older Salvatore brother's level but knew that the Petrova girl was stubborn especially when she was angry.

"Tonight" Mia responded, she had spent the last two days getting everything ready. She contacted Mystic Falls High School and compelled a school superintendent to ensure she would get a place. She would use the name Mia Pierce because she wasn't registered anywhere under that name. The last trace of her was in 1921 when the body of Amelia Petrova was found in Chicago and she was ruled out as dead. And it was true, Amelia Petrova was indeed dead but Mia Pierce was alive and thriving.