29.𝐃𝐢𝐝 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐩 𝐒𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠

(Warning: Potentially triggering dialogue surrounding mental health) 

(Please comment throughout the chapter. I'm not a mind reader I want to know what you're thinking )

Greed, like a voracious serpent, coils around the heart, constricting empathy and distorting perception. It is the insatiable hunger for more, an unrelenting desire that blinds individuals to the needs of others.

The very essence of greed lies not merely in the accumulation of possessions but in the fervent belief that ownership equates to fulfilment. It's a toxic dance where the line between need and greed blurs, and the insidious whispers of ownership drown out the quieter callings of compassion and shared humanity.

In regards to Klaus Mikaelson, what he desired most was Mia Pierce, his greed for her was a dark and consuming force, an insatiable hunger that transcended the mere desire for possession. It was a covetousness that eclipsed material wealth, reaching into the depths of his immortal soul.

Mia, to Klaus, was more than a woman; she was an embodiment of something he craved on a profound level. His obsession with her went beyond the need for control, it was a voracious thirst for a connection that would fill the void within him, one that'd been prominent since the 1920s.

As the first light of dawn began to pierce through the dense foliage, Klaus Mikaelson moved with an eerie grace through the tranquil woods. The early morning air held a crispness that contrasted with the dark intentions that seemed to linger around him. Brodie, a silent figure trailed behind, laboured to drag a heavy bag, its contents concealed but undoubtedly ominous.

The forest, normally alive with the songs of waking birds, fell silent in the hybrid's wake. His steps were deliberate, each footfall echoing in the stillness of the morning. The sun, still low on the horizon, cast long shadows that stretched through the trees.

Klaus paused in a small clearing, his eyes narrowing as he surveyed the landscape. The remains of his nightly endeavours clung to his hands, a menacing testament to the events that unfolded under the cover of darkness. With a purposeful flick, he wiped the blood from his hands onto a cloth, his expression unreadable.

In a sudden surge of supernatural strength, Klaus turned his attention to a nearby tree stump. With a primal roar, he ripped it from the ground as if it were a mere obstacle in his path. The stump, now a weapon in his hands, became airborne as the Mikaelson hurled it into the distance. The crackling sound of breaking branches and the thud of the displaced stump echoed through the waking forest.

The hybrid was never one to care about collateral damage usually but this was a twisted situation, he was having to take out the very things he'd created, throwing away the months he'd spent in the summer to accumulate his assets. And it was all because of her, Amelia Petrova.

Klaus yearned not only for her physical presence but also for the emotional and spiritual facets that made her unique. His greed manifested in a possessiveness that sought to claim her entirely, as if she held the key to unlocking an eternal satisfaction he'd been robbed of ninety years ago. She was the definition of enticing, even when she wasn't intending to be, however her magnetism also had its downfalls, pulling in people other than him.