28.𝐋𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐖𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐞 𝐖𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐠

(YALL BETTER SPAM THESE COMMENTS

(YALL BETTER SPAM THESE COMMENTS. Active commenters are 99% more attractive than quiet ones....scientific fact ALSO VOTE)

Temptation can creep in through a space in your heart, the way a breeze wafts through a door that has been forgettably left open. The thing that determines whether the urges are good or bad, is who the space was originally opened for. Perhaps for that one person you feel complete with, that one person you don't have to conceal your true self from.

On the other hand, it can also sneak in through the cracks of a wall you've built to keep yourself away from someone you despise. Someone who entices you as much as they disturb you, a cruel soul who shows no mercy yet seems to care only for you. Your mind is filled with curiosity, a sudden interest to attempt to understand this person even if they've done nothing to gain your sympathy.

Mia Pierce was faced with temptation every day of her life, the desire to drink, the urge to tell the younger Salvatore the feelings she harboured for him, the need to throw herself in danger to protect her loved ones. Her heart was already overflowing with all these compulsions then suddenly another impulse had found its way to her, unravelling the mystery that was Klaus Mikaelson.

It wasn't a whim she was comfortably dealing with, he didn't deserve to be heard out or have excuses made for him, not when all he seemed to do was make things more difficult for her friends. But the fact he hadn't immediately slaughtered her after all she'd done was riveting to her, Mia believed the love he had for his ex-lover must've been so strong that he couldn't bring himself to harm her. Part of her wanted to keep pushing to see what would cause the scale to tip but that would require being around him which was something she wanted to avoid.

So she ignored those temptations and instead gave in to more pleasant ones. For example an open door of the room that belonged to a hybrid, Serena. The Petrova was walking past it in the morning when she spotted the sight of the hybrid's bare body through the mirror, with flushed cheeks and shame she took off down the hallway until a sweet voice called out her name, beckoning her back.

She approached the door once again with caution, her eyes widening when a hand stretched out and grabbed Stefan's shirt that was hanging loosely on her body, yanking her forward into the room. The two enjoyed their morning in each other's company as they ironically used to shower to get dirty, however, some things are better left unsaid.

~~~~

The first night after homecoming managed to pass without any further issues, Mia woke up in her bed, draped with a blanket and blazer but also lacking any memory of what had happened when she'd been drinking, all she could recall was Tyler coming to her as a wolf and her getting emotional about something. What exactly she got upset about was something she couldn't remember.

"Another plate coming up, someone pass me the whipped cream." Brodie requested as he flipped the pancakes onto the plate. Most of the hybrids had been killed the previous night, the ones that survived despised Klaus as much as Mia and her friends did, except Tony and three others, they were still devoted to him and obeyed his every demand.