11.𝐒𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐛𝐨𝐝𝐲'𝐬 𝐖𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐞

"Mia, please wake up

"Mia, please wake up." Caroline nudged the motionless body that lay beside her. "I have so much to tell you."

 It'd been many hours since Damon had snapped Mia's neck yet the Petrova girl showed no signs of recovery, it was as if she didn't want to heal. Waking up meant she would have to deal with all the troubles that laid ahead. Death seemed like luxury at this point, the Other Side looked like paradise and living felt like hell.

Mia's eyes fluttered open, she winced at the dull ache in her body, "My fucking neck hurts." she grumbled.

"Oh my god." Caroline threw her arms around the girl, almost suffocating her, "I've missed you so much."

"I've missed you too Care." Mia toyed with a lock of her hair, happy to see her best friend again, "I'm never leaving you again." She felt a slight breeze so she looked around, taking in her surroundings, "Why are we in the driveway?"

"Damon and Stefan signed the house over to Elena," Caroline explained, "To stop anyone unexpected entering. Elena has to invite you in."

"Can't we have one thing in this town that's just ours?" Mia huffed, although she didn't own the Salvatore Boarding house, it was her home and the thought of it being taken over irked her. She got up and stood in front of the threshold of the open door, "Elena!" she yelled, "Elena Gilbert, get your ass over here and invite me in!"

Elena appeared in the hallway "Hi, Mia." she smiled brightly, she'd missed seeing the Petrova girl, Mia had been almost like a big sister to her. "You can come in." 

"Thanks," Mia stepped into the house and made her way to the couch. She closed her eyes hoping for a moment of peace however there was little chance of that once Caroline started speaking.

"We have so much to fill you in on." Caroline took a seat next to her.

Mia held her hand up, silencing the blonde. "Wait, I'm too sober for this." she poured herself some bourbon and sat back, crossing one leg over the other. "Okay, continue."

Caroline and Elena had informed Mia of all the events she'd missed, she had to interrupt them every few minutes to try and process what she was just told.

"Hold up, you told Matt everything?" Mia questioned, wondering if her friend had gone insane. 

"Yeah." Caroline gave her a sheepish smile. "But it's okay because I compelled it all away. He won't remember a thing."

Mia filled her glass again, "And Isobel is dead? Like just burned in front of you?" Elena nodded, looking rather sad at the mention of her biological mother. Even though Isobel was on the wrong side, she was still her family, it brought back the memories of losing Miranda. The last thing Isobel said to her was "I was such a disappointment to you." Elena wished she'd gotten the chance know Isobel properly and have her prove that she was anything but a disappointment.