9.𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞

"What's got you in a good mood?" Caroline took a seat next to Damon, who was sat up with a smile plastered on his face.

"Stefan's taken Mia for a driving lesson," he snickered "I'm waiting for them to come back."

As if on cue, the two vampires walked through the front door, Mia smiling brightly whilst Stefan was looking rather drained.

"So, how was it?" Damon smirked, noticing his brother's expression.

"Amazing," Mia bounced happily as she walked, "A total success."

"I wouldn't say a total success," Stefan interjected, "She ran like 5 stop signs."

"I totally paused," Mia argued, she thanked Damon who'd just handed her a glass of bourbon.

"And she almost hit a deer."

"It came out of no where," she defended, "Look on the bright side, if I hit it then it could've been your lunch."

Stefan shook his head, grinning, "I'm never taking you again, Damon can do it next time."

"Hard pass, I think being trapped in the tomb made Stefan grumpy." Mia sat on Caroline's lap, "Besides, I don't need to be able to drive, my Carebear can take me everywhere."

"Yeah, like the bottom of Wickery Bridge," Damon taunted.

Wrapping her arms around Mia, Caroline used a hand to block Damon from their sight "Shut up, jerk. I'm a great driver and yes, I can take you anywhere you want." Damon launched a pillow at the girls, hitting Mia square in the face.

"You dick!" Mia screamed, it shot back in his direction and he dodged it. "Don't you have anything better to do, go annoy Elena or something."

"I can't, her daddy dearest is back in town." John Gilbert had returned to Mystic Falls, Stefan was looking for Isobel but he'd found John instead. He believed that John would know how to deal with their Original problem. In the last few weeks the group had a new threat to deal with, it started when Katherine had come back into town looking for a moonstone. It was later revealed that she was dating Mason Lockwood, who was soon killed by Damon, much to Mia's dismay as she claimed that the Lockwood man was "too pretty to die". 

Then, on the night of the masquerade ball where they had all planned to kill Katherine, a Bennett witch named Lucy had linked the doppelgangers' lives together. That same night Elena was kidnapped by Mia and Lexi's old friend Rose Marie, Elena was being used to buy the freedom of Rose and her friend Trevor, from Elijah and Klaus. Elijah was an Original vampire, one of the first vampire in existence, he announced that Elena was to be used in a sacrifice in order to break the Sun and Moon curse. 

This Sun and Moon curse was known to be an Aztec curse casted 1000 years earlier by a shaman. This curse was placed on vampires and werewolves, ensuring that vampires couldn't go into the sun without daylight rings and that werewolves could only turn on a full moon. If a werewolf broke the curse then their species would be able to turn at will and if a vampire broke it they would be able to bask in the sunlight without the rings.