17.𝐇𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐲, 𝐇𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐲

(WARNING: Sexual assault and references to rape. Please take your mental health into consideration before continuing.)

)

"I finally found it!" Mia rejoiced, bouncing happily into the parlour.

"You've found what, sweetheart?" Klaus questioned. He stood before the easel, his paint brush flicking across the canvas as he brought it to life with his art.

"My ribbon, the one that goes with your eyes." She dangled the fabric in front of his face, "See, it's a perfect match, isn't it?"

"Yes." Klaus murmured, staring straight at the girl, who was too excited to notice. "Completely perfect."

"I also embroidered an N on it." She grinned, pointing at the letter that was sewn in, just a few shades darker than the ribbon itself. "This way everyone will know it's yours."

"Thank you.......this shade would be perfect to paint the sky." Klaus smiled, taking the material from her hands. "Now, I must continue with my hideous painting."

"I'm sure she didn't mean it, Nik." Mia comforted, referring to the events of the previous day in which Rebekah had insulted her brother's art. 

The Petrova stood behind the man and rested her chin upon his shoulder, admiring the illustration. "It's very pretty." She tilted her head slightly. "What is it?"

"The Roman Bridge in Cordoba. It's built across the Guadalquivir river." His finger trailed above the canvas, showing her the intricate elements.

 Mia couldn't fight off the smile that appeared, finding it endearing how passionately he spoke about his interests. She made a habit of asking him many questions, in the hopes he would share stories and he obliged every time. Talking for hours on end whilst she sat across him and listened intently, making note of each detail.

Klaus looked to his shoulder at Mia, "I'll take you here one day." The two gazed at each other for a few moments, refraining from closing the distance between them, no matter how much they each desired to.

"Nik, for heaven's sake." Rebekah interrupted, walking into the room. She arched a brow, taking notice of how they both broke apart with flustered expressions. "Will you stop with that incessant drawling? I highly doubt she's interested." 

"I assure you sister, my drawling is far more interesting than your constant whining." He mocked, an idea came to mind so he grabbed Mia's hand whilst the Petrova chatted away with Rebekah, paying no attention to him. 

"..... which is why you should apologise to him." Mia attempted to reason with the Mikaelson girl, she felt a slight squeeze then glanced down to see that Klaus had tied a bow around her wrist, with the ribbon.

"I'm not apologising for anything." Rebekah refused, "He deserves it, always trying to steal you away from me."

"I can't help it if she's fonder of me, I tend to have that effect." He teased. The blonde haired girl held Mia's hand and pulled her away from him, leading her to the Chesterfield sofa. Klaus looked at the material wrapped around her wrist and smiled. After hearing the Petrova say that the embroidered letter would inform people that the ribbon belonged to him, he figured that as long as it remained on her, the same thing would apply, enlightening other men to stay away.