18.𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐂𝐫𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠

(Mentions of sexual assault and rape. Please be cautious when reading.)

)

Mia awoke with a sharp gasp, her cheek pressed against hard concrete as the cold wind gusted over her, distressing what felt like every nerve in her body. She sat upright and leant against the brick wall, taking in her surroundings. 

The memories of what'd occurred came rushing back, Mariano and Santiago had attacked her, but to Mia, the worst thing was that they'd killed her before continuing. She couldn't find a word that would measure up to the amount of discomfort she felt. It left her completely unaware as to what was done to her, how she was violated. The only tales told were by the evidence left on her body.

She glanced down at her knees that were plastered with blood and shivered at the feeling of crimson liquid trickling down her chest, starting from her neck. Bringing a hand to its origin, she let out a shaky breath upon detecting that the wound was closed as were the ones residing on her legs. 

All she felt was a sudden urge to cry, to scream. To do anything that would lift the heavy weight crushing her heart. They'd just discarded her in a backstreet, abandoning her as if she lacked meaning, importance. Her entire body ached, but there was also an unfamiliar feeling overwhelming her senses.

Footsteps echoed down the alley, belonging to a duo of men, "Hey, Johnny. Look." The shorter man nudged his peer. "It's the perky, little broad from the bar."

Johnny's eyes fell to Mia on the floor, "Well, look what we have here." He leered, moving closer. Mia clambered up from the ground, her body trembling as she looked for a way to escape. "What you doing here all on your lonesome?"

"Please, just stay away." Mia begged, her voice faint from exhaustion, taking steps back until she was eventually backed into a corner. "I don't want any trouble."

"Trouble? We're not causing trouble, are we Lenny?" Johnny looked back at his friend, who suddenly seemed to be uncomfortable with the situation, and gave a warning look.

"No, there's no trouble here." Lenny responded, swaying on his feet. "We just want to have fun."

"Exactly, just some fun. You like fun don't you, honey?" Johnny asked the fearful girl.

"I want to go home." She whimpered slightly. It'd been a long time since she loved somewhere enough to call it home. Living with the Fells in Mystic Falls was the furthest thing from that, she constantly felt out of place and unwanted.

But with the Mikaelsons it was different, she was loved and appreciated. She had people who treated her with the kindness and care she'd yearned for. They'd become her home, her sanctuary, her safe place.

"We can take you home. Help get you cleaned up." Johnny took a few steps closer, "Pretty girls like you shouldn't be covered in blood, it's a nasty sight."