12.𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐋𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐋𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟

"Mia?" Klaric stood in entry of the open door, looking at the girl strewn on the bed. His gaze studied her tear stained face and eyes dazed with exhaustion, she just stared at the ceiling, ignoring his presence. 

"You need to eat something." he placed a bowl of strawberries next to her. She'd always loved the sweet, red fruit, he could recall her declaring that if she could only eat one thing for the rest of her life it would be strawberries. 

"I don't want anything from you." Mia rasped, she didn't let her gaze wander to his face. She knew she wouldn't be able to restrain herself from attacking him. Although he let her get away with the last attempt, she was certain that once he was returned to his original body the first thing he would do is kill her.

"Take your fucking fruit and get out," her tone was drained of emotion. After spending hours sobbing and grieving, she'd given up. Crying won't bring Bonnie back. She rolled onto her side, her back facing him. "Please....... just go."

He hated how much she was hurting, but killing Bonnie Bennett was necessary, the witch was a hindrance, he didn't have time for complications. "I'm sorry." he quickly muttered before exiting the room. 

"Katerina." he called out, the doppelganger rushed to him. After Mia's outburst, Katherine was on edge, making sure to obey whatever Klaus said, in the fear he would displace his anger with her descendant onto her instead. "Get her to come out that room and eat something, she's been in there for 2 days."

"She won't listen to me," Katherine retorted. "There's only 3 people who's opinions she actually cares about. Caroline Forbes, Stefan Salvatore..." she noticed his jaw clench at the mention of the younger Salvatore's name, "... and Bonnie Bennett. Well, now it's 2, considering you killed Bonnie."

"I didn't ask for excuses Katerina, when I tell you do something just do it." he raised his hand to touch her face but she flinched back. "So jumpy." he chuckled, "I have to meet up with the aunt, I want Mia out by the time I return." 

Once he'd left Katherine stumbled back onto the couch, her legs quivering with fear. Being in his presence made her feel like the terrified 17 year old she once was. She'd spent 500 years running from him but he'd still managed to catch her. It was times like these that convinced her she was cursed, being born as a doppelganger sealed her destiny. She was an innocent girl when she'd met Klaus, banished from Bulgaria and sent to start a new life. He enchanted her, lured her in, once his true intentions had been uncovered she fled. This is why she was in this situation. She was being punished for running, for putting her safety first.

Fate was a fickle fiend, by killing herself she gained immortality. However it was an eternity where death was constantly dancing in the shadows. Danger lurked behind every breath she took, she hadn't learnt to enjoy life without the fear of being caught.