15.𝐀𝐬 𝐈 𝐋𝐚𝐲 𝐃𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠

"Stop calling me!" Mia screamed at her phone, there was no one on the other line but someone was constantly ringing

"Stop calling me!" Mia screamed at her phone, there was no one on the other line but someone was constantly ringing. The name "Mentiroso" Liar, flashed repeatedly on the screen. Since the night of the sacrifice Elijah had been attempting to contact Mia but she ignored every call.

She understood the reason behind his actions, Klaus had promised him the one thing he desired the most, his family back. However, Mia didn't want to give into Damon's accusations, she didn't want her friends to believe she was choosing Elijah over them, so decided against voicing her opinion.

Shouts, alongside the sound of the cell door slamming shut caught her attention. She rushed downstairs and found a frustrated looking Stefan. "What's wrong, Stef?"

"Damon just tried to kill himself." Stefan ran a hand over his face. "Took his ring off and stood in front of the window."

"What the fuck?!" Mia walked around him to get to the basement but the Salvatore caught her wrist, stopping her.

"Don't go to him. He's hallucinating and I don't want him to say something hurtful to you." 

"Okay, I won't." Mia held her free hand up in surrender when Stefan raised an eyebrow at her with disbelief, "I promise."

 "I don't know what to do. I have Bonnie looking for a cure but...." he glanced down, realising he still had hold of her but didn't bother letting go.

"But what?" Mia was against the idea of them looking to Bonnie for every solution yet it was another thing she thought it was best to stay quiet about.

"What if we're just chasing a loose end?" Stefan moved to the table with Mia still in his hold. He poured some bourbon for the two of them and handed a glass to the brunette. "I don't want to tell him there's nothing we can do but I also don't want to give him false hope, you know?"

"Yeah." Mia murmured, before she could say anything else her phone began to ring, she looked down and saw it was an unknown caller. She pulled away from the Salvatore, who frowned slightly at the loss of contact.

 "One sec, I just need to get this." She walked out the house and answered. Making sure to stay silent, allowing the other person to speak first.

"I was wondering when you would finally answer." Elijah spoke through the phone, he heard Mia tsk and knew she was about to cut the call, "Amelia please, would you just listen?"

"I think this counts as harassment." Mia snapped, "You know, some people usually take a hint after 3 calls but not you, buddy." She laughed bitterly, "You are consistent and I applaud you for your dedication."

"You're upset with me." Elijah noted.

"No, I'm not upset at all." Her tone was laced with sarcasm, "What gave you that idea?"