FIVE | Embarrassed

ATHENA RUSSO:

ATHENA RUSSO:

My shoulder is being shoved and my eyes snap open. I check my surroundings and see Elijah looking at me. "Oh sorry, you weren't waking up," he tells me.

I must've accidentally fallen asleep.

I slowly nod and look outside the window. It's dark outside. I can only see so much because of the lights outside.

"Come we need to get off now."

I nod and stand up and follow him off the jet. My movements are slow and sluggish since I just woke up and I can barely keep my eyed open.

We go down the stairs and see back Suv parked. I give Elijah a questionable look but he doesn't look at me. We walk towards the car and then I realize it's for us.

He opens the door for me and I give him a small smile and get in. Lorenzo is already in there at the end so I sit in the middle. He's on phone doing some random stuff on it.

I hear the door slam and I flinch. Elijah sits beside me and they both are manspreading. I feel like I'm trapped in between them.

I take a peek at Lorenzo's phone. I wonder if he's got any games on it. Eh no. He doesn't seem like the type of man to have games on his phone.

Moving on, he's texting someone called Marcello. I read the messages. They're texting about what time he's going to come home and tell the others to get ready. I furrow my eyebrows but then Lorenzo looks at me.

Shit.

I immediately look away and my cheeks flush in embarrassment. The worst thing you can do is get caught looking at someone's phone. In the corner of my eye, I see him shake his head in disappointment.

I look to my left and Elijah is on his phone as well, I've decided to not look at what he's doing it. Just in case I get caught. There are two people at the front. A driver and someone in the passenger seat.

They've got people driving them around? Can't they do it themselves? But who's that other guy?

Then the car starts moving and I quickly put my seatbelt on.

The need to know who's the other man builds stronger and stronger but I push it away.

I shift around but I've literally got no space in here. I huff. It doesn't help that they're built like giants. They're my brothers, did I not get the giant genes? Well, clearly not. Elijah closes his legs a little like he can sense my frustration. I glance at him but he's just looking down at his phone.

Whatever.

My eyes close for a moment.

I can't even process my thoughts at the moment. My mind feels like is going to explode with the numeral of thoughts, suspicions, and questions that are filled in there.

Elijah's phone buzzes and my eyes open. I won't look and I don't. Elijah chuckles and I feel his gaze on me. I shift uncomfortably. Then I feel Lorenzo look at me.

Did I do something? Why are they looking at me? Is there something on my face? Please stop looking at me. Please.

"Dev'essere così imbarazzata," Elijah chuckles.

I furrow my eyebrows, what language is that?

"Sì. Era così imbarazzata," Lorenzo tells him.

I look down and my hair falls and covers my face. I don't understand anything they're saying.

I just want to go home. But to be honest, I have no idea where home is anymore.