TWENTY-FIVE | Gossiping

ATHENA RUSSO:

ATHENA RUSSO:

It's been a few days now. I've still got the cast on my wrist and still got bandages around my ribs.

I haven't seen Lorenzo, Elijah, or Marcello in days. I have no idea and when I ask my brothers they say they don't know.

I'm starting to get worried. Actually scratch that. I've been feeling worried since I was at the hospital and none of them came to see me after I told Lorenzo what happened.

Why wouldn't they visit me? I mean Ares was by my side from the beginning but Elijah came five days later, apologizing. He swore to me he would be here when I needed him. I need him and he isn't here.

I call him again but it just goes straight to voicemail.

He lied to me.

I call Marcello and it rings a couple of times before he unexpectedly answers it. My eyes widen and I bring my phone to my ear, "Marcello?"

I hear some shuffling noises in the background. "Hello, Athena."

"Oh. Hi. Um, when are you guys coming back? I haven't seen you in ages."

I look in the mirror, patiently waiting for an answer. I wonder why they have been gone for so long. I haven't seen them in ages. I miss them.

"We will be home tomorrow. We had to go to an emergency business meeting in London, but everything has been sorted now and we're flying back tomorrow," he tells me, in a monotone voice.

I nod to myself. "Okay. Do you know why Elijah isn't picking up his phone?"

I hear more noises in the background but I can't tell what it is. I do hear the wind and I slightly have to pull my phone away from my ear because of the noise.

"Elijah broke his phone the other day, he intends on getting a new one when we come back. Is everything okay?"

"Yeah—I was just wondering what was going on because Dom and the others aren't really telling me where you guys were so I just got curious. That's all," I say in a quiet voice.

"Oh, and I'm sorry if I'm disturbing you," I quickly add.

This time I hear a voice in the background. "Have you dug it up—" Marcello clears his throat making me not be able to hear the rest of whoever was saying that. "Don't worry, you're not disturbing anything, but right now I need to go," he says.

"Oh okay."

"I'll tell Elijah you called. If I can I'll call you and let Elijah communicate with you, later on, today. However, the probability of that happening is quite low."

Why does he always use big words and calculate everything?

"It's okay. Bye Marcello."

"Goodbye Athena."