TWENTY-EIGHT | Ignoring

today is my birthday!!

this chapter is actually shit so i'm sorry if you don't like it 😭

DOMENICO RUSSO:

"Hey, have you seen Athena?" Ares asks me. I mutely shake my head, not looking up from my phone. He hums, "Weird. Well, I can't find her."

I ignore him. For some reason, he sits next to me on the couch. I take a deep breath and look at him. "What do you want from me?" I ask. He sheepishly grins, "Oh nothing. Just wondering if I could borrow your car?"

"You have your own," I deadpan.

"Yeah well, your car is faster."

"You're not borrowing it."

I look back down at my phone and check Athena's location. It shows she's still in the house. Preferably in her room or something.

"Come on bro. I promise you I won't crash it," Ares pleads.

"Yeah? Didn't you crash your car a while back? What makes you think I trust you to not do that?"

"It was an accident!"

"Crashing into the school was an accident?"

He huffs and crosses his arms, "You're a real dick. You know that right?"

I nod, "I know that. Do you know you're annoying?"

"That's it. I'm going to crash your car," Ares says, standing up. I finally look up from my phone, "Go ahead. Go crash it and see what happens."

He groans and sits back down. I smirk and stand up. "Go borrow Dante's car," I tell him. He throws his hands up in the air, frustrated. "I did! I even offered to give him snacks but he still said no!" He exclaims. I shrug and walk away. Not my problem.

I go upstairs and go to Athena's room. I knock on it. She should be in here since she's on bed rest. I don't get a response. If I find her unconscious on the floor again, she is going back to the hospital. I open the door and look around and the room is empty.

I step into her room and the smell of vanilla and coconuts makes me scrunch my nose. Ew. I find her phone charging on her nightstand. Right.

"Athena? You in here?"

Nothing.

I huff and leave her room and go back downstairs. I go check the library. She isn't there. The gaming room. She isn't there. The indoor pool. She isn't there. The garden. She isn't there. The indoor garden. She isn't there. The gym. She isn't there. The kitchen. She isn't there. And so is all of the food. Again. I go upstairs and check everyone's room. And she isn't there.

That's it. She isn't here. So where the fuck is she?

I go back into the living room and see Ares watching a show on the tv and eating snacks.