FORTY-FIVE | The Win

I'll post the epilogue and the second book for you guys in a few hours because i haven't even wrote the first chapter for it yet 🤦‍♀️

LORENZO RUSSO:

Six months. Fucking six months. It's been six months and I still can't find her.

I snatch my phone from the desk and throw it at the wall.

Domenico glances at me, "You good?"

"Of course I am. I just break phones for a living," I sarcastically say, looking at my computer.

"Really?"

I clench my jaw. "Domenico shut the fuck up," I snap.

Breaking phones, killing men, torturing men, and breaking more phones is useless. It doesn't get rid of my anger. It doesn't. And it only gets worse when I'm reminded of that day. The day I watched her get taken away from me.

My office door opens and I look up from my computer and see Marcello, walk in, blood all over him.

"The Russian isn't talking," he angrily says.

Marcello is worse than me. He's finally experiencing anger and doesn't know how to control himself. He kills every Russian who knows about Athena.

"Well did you kill him before he could fucking talk?" I grit out, annoyed at him.

"Yes, I did."

This fucking idiot. We barely get any information on Athena because of this idiot. He kills the person before they even get to talk. He needs to get his shit together.

I shake my head and point to the door, "Just get out."

He looks at Domenico who is just reading one of Athena's favorite books then storms out.

"You too, Dom. I've had enough of you."

He looks up from his book and scoffs, "I'm fucking reading? What's so bad about that?"

"I can hear you breathing, so get out. It's distracting me."

He slams the book shut, "Fine, you dickhead." He storms out, slamming the door shut behind him.

I sigh and open a drawer and take my gun out. I turn the safety off and then point it at my head. I close my eyes.

If someone walks in, I'm pulling the trigger. I wait for a few minutes, my finger hovering above the trigger.

No one comes in. 

I do this every day. Put a gun to my head and if someone walks in then everything is over. So far, no one has walked in. It's like they will bother me so much to the point ill just do it right there and then but when I give myself a chance they don't bother me.