TWENTY-NINE | This Is A Disaster

Sorry for the late update, but this chapter is like soooo long. Anyways im working on another book so it was hard for me to focus on two things at the same time! Moving on, I hope you enjoy this chapter!

 Anyways im working on another book so it was hard for me to focus on two things at the same time! Moving on, I hope you enjoy this chapter!

ATHENA RUSSO:

"Shit. What do we do?"

Artemis presses down on the gas, "I live an hour away from you guys. We're only thirty minutes away from my place. If I speewe will get there even quicker and have more time to look normal."

I sigh and nod.

I turn my head and look out the windows. We're still in a secluded area. Looking up at the dark sky I realize how bright the stars are shining tonight.

I'm not a lucky person. Everything that has happened to me has proved it. Especially today. I wonder if anything really good will happen. I wonder if I'll finally be happy. I'm so tired of feeling this way. I just want it to be over.

After a while, the car stops and we're parked outside a normal-looking house. Artemis gets out of the car and so do I. It's not like we're not talking. I think we're both trying to process what just happened.

I follow her to the front door and she unlocks the door and steps in. I enter her home and I'm met with a sweet floral smell. Lavender. Her home is cozy and comfortable looking. I can tell if I needed a place to go to, to calm down I would come here.

Artemis shuts the door behind me and looks around, "Well this is where I live. I know it's nothing compared to where you live—"

I cut her off, "No. I love it. I really do. It feels like a proper home."

She smiles at me. "Thank you, now you can go take a shower and I'll go get you some clothes," she tells me. I nod and she takes me upstairs and into the bathroom. She tells me to take a quick shower so I do.

Once I finish I find some clothes on the counter and I put them on. I exit the bathroom and go back downstairs. I find Artemis sitting in her living room, drinking a cup of tea.

I sit down next to her, "Did you take a shower too?"

She places her cup down and nods, "Yeah. But I'm going to tell you what's going to happen when you get home." I slowly nod my head and let her continue.

"You're going to feel guilty. You're going to blame yourself. You might feel like you're losing your mind. I'll come to your house as much as I can to help you get through this. You need to distract yourself. I know you're supposed to be on bed rest but I need you to not stress about this. It's going to be hard but I'll help you. I swear. I got you into this and I'll get you out of this."

I want to ask her how she's so calm about this but I don't think I want to know the answer to that. No matter what she has done, I know she is a good person. If she wasn't she wouldn't have tried to help me, if she wasn't she would have made me leave Bianca in the woods if she wasn't she would have denied my request of wanting to bury her. She would've dragged me away from her body and blamed it all on me. She is a good person.