TWENTY | Shit

Okay, I feel bad for giving you a short chapter so here's a longer one.

ATHENA RUSSO:

ATHENA RUSSO:

"Are you paying attention or what?"

I huff as I look down at Elijah. He's teaching me how to do my shoelaces. I kneel down and do it. "There. Done. I've learned now."

I stand up and look at him, he engulfs me in a hug and sniffs. "You kids grow up so fast," he says, hugging me tighter. I think I heard a bone crack. I roll my eyes, "I'm fifteen. It was about time I learned."

He pulls away and holds my face in his hands, "Come back home soon, okay? We need to finish season four of Gilmore Girls."

"I'm just going to school, not across the world."

He kisses my cheek, "I know. If anyone tries to pick on you. Tell me. I'll show up at that school and kill them."

I laugh, "No you won't."

He looks me dead in the eyes, serious. I tense a little. He won't kill anyone. He isn't capable of that. Right?

"How come you praise her for learning how to do her shoelaces but you don't praise me when I don't steal food for once?" Ares asks, annoyed.

Domenico sighs, "It's because she's the youngest sibling. They get more love than we do."

Dante nods, "She's one lucky girl. She's got him wrapped around her finger and he doesn't even know it."

Elijah scowls at them. "Stop. You know I love you all equally."

Domenico cringes, "Ew. No, you don't."

Elijah walks up to him, about to hug him but he ducks under his arms and looks like he's about to throw up.

Elijah glares at them, "See? You complain. But when I give it to you, you don't want it. What's the point in trying anymore?"

"It's okay Elijah. I'm here," Ares says.

Elijah looks him up and down, "Go to school already."

"See!" Ares exclaims looking at us all. I look away, hiding my smile. No one says anything. "And no one even cares! You're all useless. When we get home I swear to you I'm eating all the food. Vegetables to snacks. Prepare for starvation." Then he storms out of the house with the twins following him, snickering.

"Okay, you go to school. Have a good day, my little Rory," Elijah says, passing me my school bag. I smile, "Thank you, Eli. I'll see you after school. Say bye to Lorenzo and Marcello for me as well."

His eyes light up at the nickname.

I quickly leave before he speaks to me like I'm a five-year-old. I get into Domenico's car and sit next to Ares.