TWENTY-FOUR | I remember

DOMENICO RUSSO:

DOMENICO RUSSO:

"Domenico slow down!"

I ignore him and walk even faster. I enter the house and look around. Where's Diego? Normally he's here. 

I turn around and look at Dante and he's confused. "Why is no one here?" He asks me. I roll my eyes, "Go ask Lorenzo."

I walk away from him and jog up the stairs. Clenching my jaw, I stand outside Athena's room.

"No one is allowed to see her."

Dante leans forward, "What? Why?" Lorenzo steps forward, glaring at us, "No one is allowed to see her. Got it?"

"But Ares can go see her? That's not fair," Dante protests. I hold back from rolling my eyes.

"Does it look like I care?" Lorenzo asks, clearly bored of this conversation.

"Yeah. It does," I say, standing up, "You act like she's dangerous but she isn't. She's our sister."

Dante warily glances at me, "Dom, leave it."

I glare at Dante, "No. She's been alone with Ares for days. She's probably losing her mind."

"Leave. Go home. I don't want to see any of you here ever again. Got it?" Lorenzo orders.

I stare at him. The clock on the wall is like a ticking time bomb. The way he looks at me, knowing I won't have the guts to disobey him.

That's it.

I step forward, ready to punch Lorenzo but Dante grabs my shirt and pulls me back. What the fuck is he doing. I look at him, angry. He gives me a look that screams "you are asking for a death wish".

Dante then smiles at Lorenzo, "Of course. Have a lovely day. Bye." Dante drags me away from Lorenzo and then mutters, "Dickhead."

"I'm going to kill you when we get out of this hospital," I tell him, breathing heavily.

Dante shakes his head, "He's got guards at Athena's door so there's no point trying to sneak in when he's gone. So no. You won't because we're going to wait in your car and wait for Lorenzo to leave so we can follow him."

I stop walking and look at him for a long moment. "Why are we going to follow him?" I ask.

"Because he's hiding something? You need to up your game. I'm tired of being the one who thinks with his head and my twin thinks with his fists."

"Yeah yeah whatever," I grumble, walking away from him.

I take a deep breath and close my eyes. I remember her asking me for everyone's names when she first got here. She was only three when she was taken but I thought she would have remembered us. Our parents loved her, more than us. It was obvious, they loved us too but she was their world. She was everyone's world. She looked so confused when I asked her if she remembered our names.