THIRTY-TWO | Kiss

Now the ending of this chapter is... something but I have a big plan for it so become prepared ;)

 something but I have a big plan for it so become prepared ;)

ATHENA RUSSO:

"And that's how you win."

Ares gapes at me, "But that's how you're meant to play!"

I nod, "Exactly."

"But I always cheat so how do I always lose?"

I shrug, "Maybe it's just Karma?"

Ares's shoulders slump, "But that's not fair."

I look across the room and watch Lorenzo talking to someone on the phone in Italian. I can't really listen to his phone calls because I don't understand Italian. Sometimes he speaks English but it's only one word.

Dom walks into the living room and sees me and Ares. He looks at me. I give him a warm smile but he just leaves the room.

Maybe he's in a bad mood.

"Wait so I actually have to play the game?"

I look back at Ares. We're sitting on the floor, cross-legged. I give him a weird look, "What is the point of playing if you're just going to cheat?"

He slowly nods, "Yeah you're right."

I give him a small smile and then look back at Lorenzo. Ares notices and leans forward and whispers in my ear, "Why do you keep looking at Lorenzo?"

I look at him and plaster on a sad face. "He's speaking Italian right?"

He nods, "Yeah, we all do."

"Exactly. I feel a little bit left out for not knowing how to speak it."

Ares stares at me and then nods eagerly, "I'll teach you how to speak Italian. Do you want to learn how to swear first?"

I chuckle, "Maybe after I learn the basics."

Abruptly, Ares's phone rings and he grabs it out of his pocket. I look away and mind my business. "Oh hi, Artemis."

I slowly look back. To be honest, I never mind my business.

Do I listen to the grumpy man across the room speaking a foreign language or do I speak the bottle of sunshine in front of me who's talking to a definite crazy woman? in English.

Hm.

"Yeah yeah! Come over. Athena says she's missed you!"

I glare at the floor. The thing is, it's true. I haven't actually said it but I feel it. I hate myself for missing a crazy person. I hate myself for hanging around a bunch of crazy people too.

"Okay. See you soon."

He stupidly leaves his phone unlocked on the floor and looks at me. "Artemis is coming over soon, do you want to get ready?"