SEVEN | Dinner

ATHENA RUSSO:

ATHENA RUSSO:

Footsteps. I hear footsteps.

Is it time for dinner?

I wait. I wait if someone is going to open my door and tell me it's dinner. I freeze when I hear footsteps near my room. They pause right outside my door and I see the door handle weigh down a little.

I fix my posture and look at the door.

But then they just walk away.

I sigh and I fall onto my back on the bed. My eyes slowly close. Am I on clouds? Because this bed feels so soft.

I open my eyes and stare at the ceiling. I haven't moved from my bed since I sat on it.

This doesn't feel real.

I hope this is a dream but I really don't think it is one. It feels too real but at the same time, it doesn't. The odds of this happening to anyone is probably zero.

I hear a knock on my door and I sit up immediately.

"Athena it's time for dinner."

I relax a little when I realize it's Elijah. I stand up and walk to the door and open it. I look up at see him waiting for me.

"Let's go down together, okay?"

I nod and exit my room and follow him down the stairs.

I try to remember the way but we take so many lefts and turns that I've just forgotten everything.

We end up in a massive dining hall. There's a long marble table in the center of the room. There's a piano in the corner. Unfortunately, I don't even know how to play the piano. I never got the chance to learn. To be honest I'm not really good at anything. I have no secret or special talent. I'm just kinda useless.

Everyone is already sitting down. Lorenzo is sitting at the head of the table. There's an empty seat on the right of Lorenzo which I'm 100% sure is not for me. Opposite the chair is the emotionless guy. I'm pretty sure he isn't. I'm guessing he doesn't know how to express his emotions that well. Anyways next to him is the twin with light blue eyes with Ares next to him. Then next to the empty chair is the twin with dark blue eyes with another empty chair next to him.

Elijah takes his seat and I stare at the empty chair. I sigh and sit down. The second I sit down everyone starts eating. I look around and there's already food on everyone's plates. I look down at mine and I suddenly feel sick.

I can't eat all of that.

I look around to see if anyone's looking and no one is. I huff and start eating. After a few bites, I already feel quite full. But I've barely even eaten half of the food.

I eat what I can and lean back in my chair.

I see a fork go near my plate and take some of my food. I furrow my eyebrows and look at the brother next to me. Is he stealing my food? If he is, he might as well take all of it.