THIRTY-FOUR | Staring At Me

I'm so sorry for not putting this at the start but I will now but here is the list of their ages for those who are confused

Athena-15
Ares-16
Dom&Dante-18
Marcello-20
Elijah-23
Lorenzo-26

And I literally got in a fight today and won so I'm going to celebrate with some vodka and music. See you all soon!

 See you all soon!

ATHENA RUSSO:

Someone is poking me. Poking my cheek. Why? And just... Why? It's too early for this.

"Go away," I mumble, grabbing a pillow and covering my face with it.

"Athena! It's me. Artemis!" The voice whispers.

I groan, "Artemis, it's too early."

"Yes. I know. I'm sorry for waking you up at four am—"

I immediately sit up and look around the dark room before trying to find exactly where she is. I find her sitting next to me, smiling. I rub my eyes and still see her there. I discreetly pinch myself. Nope. This is real.

"Is something wrong?" I quietly ask her.

"Nope. I just wanted to see you."

I sigh and lay back down, "Couldn't you have waited til the morning?"

"About that. I can't. I'm going to Russia for a week to see... some family. They recently made contact with me and wanted to meet up. They're not Russian though, they just live there."

I sit back up and look at her with wide eyes, "What?!"

"Shhh! God, Athena. Why are you so loud?!"

I run a hand through my hair and look around the room. I mean I don't think I'm dreaming but this sure does feel like one.

I look back at Artemis, "So you're leaving in the morning?"

I see her nod, "Yeah. I was busy the last few days so that's why I couldn't come to see you. But I don't want to be some asshole and not try and sort things out between us."

Tilting my head, I say, "Yeah. You're right."

She lays down and I lay down beside her. She grabs my hand and holds it. "You're my best friend, Athena. I don't know if I am yours but you are mine. I don't regret kissing you but I don't want to ruin what we have."

"You are my best friend. And I don't regret kissing you either. But you're right, I don't want to ruin what we have," I firmly say.

"So we stay as best friends?"

"We've been best friends this whole time. Nothing has changed."

She places a kiss on my cheek. I smile and look at her. Even though it's dark, I can still see her dark blue eyes and her blonde hair. She snuggles up next to me and I sigh in comfort.