FORTY-TWO | Fire

i am not going to apologise for this chapter 😁

(i'm sorry)

ATHENA RUSSO:

ATHENA RUSSO:

I immediately sit up and look around. I'm in my room now. In the dark. I look beside me and Artemis isn't there. Right. She went home a few days ago.

I lay back down and place my hand in my chest, trying to control my breathing. My heart beats fast against my hand and I sigh, closing my eyes.

It wasn't my fault.

For some reason, I genuinely don't know how to feel about that.

Then I smell something burning. What? Are Dom and Dante trying to cook again? I swear to God, I will kill them if they ruin the kitchen.

I rub my eyes and get out of bed. I tie my hair up and put on my slippers. I slowly walk towards my door. As I do the smell gets worse and I suddenly feel hot. Something doesn't feel right. I open my door and I'm met with fire.

The house. It's on fire.

Fire licks the walls and sweeps across the ceiling. A blanket of smoke covers everything.

I stumble back at the sight.

The house is on fire.

My brothers.

I look down at the floor and since it's marble the fire can't catch onto it. I don't have time to stand around like an idiot. I run to Dom's door and open it and I run in and see him sleeping. Fuck. "Dom, wake up!" I shout as I shake him.

He groans and sits up, "What's going on—What's that smell?"

"The house is on fire. Now get up and help me get everyone out of here!"

I then run to Marcello's door and barge in and he's dead asleep. How the hell are they all sleeping peacefully in a time like this? I wake him up and he immediately looks around.

"The house is on fire. We need to get out—"

He gets out of bed immediately and pushes me out of his room. "Athena go outside. I'll get everyone else out."

I shake my head, "No—"

Someone grabs me and I look to see who it is. "You're coming with me," Elijah demands.

Elijah drags me down the stairs and out of the house. We stand in the driveway and wait for everyone else to come out.

I bite my lip, anxiously.

Come on. Come on. Come on.

I see Domenico and Dante make it out of the house, coughing but they are fine. I slightly relax but there are three more brothers that need to get out as well. I look at Elijah who rushes over to Dom and Dante and he asks them if they're okay.