{○<>●Backstory #2 ○<>●}

But in one of the dark dusty corners stood a tall man with 2 others. 

"Get her," he growled and the others happily complied. The man smiled evilly as he stepped out of the shadows. The moon that danced through the shattered windows lit up his path as he walked through the empty room. Then all of a sudden, a small cry was heard that echoed throughout the large metal room. He stopped in his tracks as he looked around, trying to find the source of the noise.

He eventually came across the small baby girl laying in the bed against one of the wooden crates stacked in the corner. Crouching down, he stared at the crying baby and reached out for the letter on top of the frail baby's body.
As he read it aloud, the baby stopped its wailing and started to giggle at him. It read:

To whom it may concern,

Please take care of my sweet baby girl. I was unable to care for her as I was in deep financial trouble and suffering from mental illness. She has not been named as I don't have any ideas. I beg you to look after my baby and give her a safe and humble life that I was unable to provide. Once again, thank you.

_______________________________________

That is all that was written in horrible writing. The handwriting was scrawled across the page and looked like it was made in a rush.

He moved his gaze from the paper to the baby. She still stared at him with big e/c eyes and continued to giggle. Unexpectedly, he smiled back at the baby and lifted her carefully and brought her to his chest. So carefully in fact that you might think she was made of glass.

The baby's eyes fluttered closed as she snuggled into the stranger's warmth. This clearly surprised him as he was not used to people hugging him or even touching him.
"Hi, little one. You can call me Silco," he whispered to the baby. He knew she wouldn't answer him but at least she knew his name. That baby yawned and was soon fast asleep.

"What shall I call you? Ah, I know, how about Y/n?" Silco asked and the baby shifted in his scarred arms. He hummed to himself as he stood up.

"My little Y/n. I will never let anything happen to you. I promise," Silco whispered, pulling her even closer to his chest.

○24|12|2021●

○EDITED●