Chapter 25

As soon as Jinx pushed the syringe down fully, she backed away so she was fully on the table and watched as Dad writhed in pain. But he was trying to not show how much pain he was in.

His head pushed against the back of his chair and purple tears slid down his scarred cheek. Dad was breathing heavily as he rested his arms on his knees and brushing the hair out of his face.

"Sevika will clean up todays mess-" Dad began but then was cut off by me.

''Sevika?! Seriously Dad? She couldn't clean up a dust bunny with a blowtorch," I joked while looking at J who was also confused on why he would choose Sevika.

"She'll suffice. You- You should focus on your gadgetry," Dad told us and then I heard Jinx groan loudly.

"Take some time."

"I- we don't need time!" Now J was laying on the table with her head in my lap, her blue hair spread everywhere.

"Take it anyhow."

J threw herself off the table and jumped up into the ceiling, but I stayed where I was. But just as I was about to leave, Dad said something.

"Child, please make sure she doesn't do anything reckless," Dad asked of me, looking deep into my eyes.

"Can't promise that Dad~" I laughed and followed Jinx into the ceiling. I could practically hear the sign emitting from his lips from a mile away at my answer.

I had a plan to cheer Jinx up a bit, I was gonna go and get her favourite sweet treat. Js favourite was a chocolate donut with chocolate icing and rainbow sprinkles.

○Timeskip●

I had achieved my mission of getting the donut and was slowly jogging to our hideout. Smiling widely, I wrapped the donut in the paper and secured it in my pocket so I didn't drop it.

Swinging from one building to another, I eventually arrived at the base. Once I was upstairs, I saw that J was laying on the floor having an argument with, I'm guessing Milo.

I sighed and moved to sit next to her and placed the donut next to me.

○25|01|2022●