Chapter 19

With my katana readied in my hands, I prepared to attack. J pulled the pins put with her white teeth and threw the bombs that she held in her hands at two of the firelights, knocking them off the side of the airship and soon enought, we heard the sound of the bombs exploding and pink smoke rising up.

Then I took a good look at the leader of the attack. They wore a bird like mask and a long dark cloak, with their board on his back. He also wore a red scarf and boots.

They looked at both of the people who were knocked off but quickly turned their attention to us. Jinx scoffed and retrieved her gun from its pouch and twirled it around by the trigger before steadying the gun in her stronf grip.

The leader reached behind his back and flung something at us, but I couldn't see what. Stupidly, I wasn't paying attention to his attack and I would have been hurt by the thing if J hadn't have pushed me out of the way. 

I was paying attention to the other firelights who were zooming around, attempting to attack everyone who wasn't encased in the yellow crystals.

When I lifted myself up, I saw that the thing they threw was one of those crystal bombs that encased anything in the yellow substance it touches.

While J was distracting the leader, I focused on the rest. I heard Jinx grunt and turned to see one of then with a weird mask jump down from the beemes above.

I swung my sword at the person and tried to stab him in his side. But I only managed to nip his side with my sharp balde. Then J shot him in the side of the head, temporarily knocking him out. But she didn't hit his head full on, no it was mostly against his face but in the enar of the moment, we didn't notice that.

Meanwhile, the leader was hastily pouring some purple liquid into an open barrel of Shimmer that stood on the side of the deck. Then he kicked over a full barrel of Shimmer onto the floor that he didn't have time to contaminate as he knew he had out full attention on the leader.

He signaled to a woman on the other side of the ship with a nod. She reached into her pocket and quickly pulled out and lit a flare. As she was about to drop it, J aggressively grabbed her wrist containing the flame.

Seeing that J could handle the woman, I ran up to Aunt Sevika and, using the back of my sword, hammered away at the substance that held her in place.

○Jinxs Pov●

As I held the womans wrist tightly, she accidentally knocked her mask straight off of her face as she struggled. Then all time stopped as she turned to face me again.
I gasped in disbelief.

"V-Vi?" I managed to stutter out, my eyes open wide and the memories stated to flood back. The good times where she comforted me after I made a mistake on a mission and the bad. When she- she abandoned me after that damn day.

But the girl looked even more confused and scared as she continued to struggle away from me. Then she finally had the nerve to drop the glare onto the puddle of purple that spread across the floor. And of course, Shimmer is extremely flammable.

Even as the flames spread, I remained frozen to the spot. Is this really Vi? After coming to my senses and realising that it was indeed not Vi, I reased her wrist and took a step back.

As soon as I let go, she scrambled away from me and raced to the edge of the ship. But I was quick enough to gather my sense and shoot her in the heart from the behind before she could leave. The leader of the group screamed at me to not kill her but it was to late. She was dead but I still felt nervous and scared.

○□●■○□●■○□●■○□●■○■●■○□●■○□●■○

This one is a bit longer than usual! Enjoy!

○10|01|2022●