Chapter 39

Jinxs Pov

"We both know I can't swim for shit," Shimmer groaned annoyed. And I knew this for definite.

"I can teach you, dont worry" I said happily and grabbed her hand and led her to the water.

"Wait!" She screamed and now we were both in the shallow parts of the river. She still screamed like I was trying to kill her. When she realised that she was literally touching the ground, a blush of embarrassment lit up her face. This caused me to laugh at her stupidity.

"Let's get started then shall we?''

●|■|○|□|

She nervously followed me into the water that only went up to our knees.

"Wait, take off your jacket and shoes off. It will make easier to swim!" I explained happily and she complied. After she took off any unnecessary cloths, she stepped back into the water.

"Let's get started then shall we?" I asked and Angel just nodded.

●|■|○|□

Shimmers Pov

"Why did I agree to this?" I worriedly thought to myself.

"Lay back into the water and just relax," Jinx told me and slowly but surely, I was now floating on the cool water.

"Now kick your legs quickly and move your arms like this," Jinx explained, doing a backstroke.

"Now lets try it abit further away so your not touching the ground," she said and I kicked hesitantly further into the water. My legs were getting tired and the current was getting stronger. A sudden feeling of fear and paranoia flooded through me which cause me to stop.

"HEY YOU TWO DOWN THERE, GET HERE NOW!" Someone shouted from the distance and being paranoid, i turned to see a platoon of enforcers had spotted us.

"Shit," I thought to myself.

I had stopped I'm the worst place possible and before I knew it, the current dragged me underwater. My natural reaction was to scream, so I did. Big mistake.

Water flooded into my lungs as I panicked more and I couldn't breathe. A strange feeling of relaxation over took me and I let the water take me.  The next thing I saw was someone diving into the water, then darkness.

Jinxs Pov●

A sudden loud noise alerted me to look up to the large bridge near us. Imagine my surprise when I heard shouts from a group of enforcers. Noticing that my Angel was nowhere to be found I started to get nervous.

I immediately swam back to where I last saw her as I had swam abit further away. When I  looked around and saw that she wasn't there, I began to panic. I looked around and saw the large disturbance in the water next to me. 

Diving as fast as I could, I spotted a sinking body and grabbed her wrist to pull her up. But she was already unconscious. Breaking the surface of the water was a difficult task with two people but I had to do it.

Now what I needed is to get us both onto dry land and avoid getting shot by those idiots there. Luckily for me they had retreated back to their armoury after they realized it was me and Angel.

●|■|○|□

Sitting in the shore with Shimmer in my arms, trying to find a pulse. There was no pulse. Nothing. I panicked and began to do CPR. After a few minutes, I stopped, with tears flooding down my cheeks.

This is all your fault, everyone knows your a Jinx. No wonder why she couldn't wait to leave you, all alone again.

Milos stupid pathetic laugh echoed through my mind as I stared to mourn my beloved Angel.

Suddenly, spluttering sound echoed through area and water overflowed from Shimmers mouth. She coughed heavily and slowly sat up.

"Oh thank god your OK! I thought I lost you," I exclaimed happily and hugged and kissed her all over.

"I *cough* I'm never going swimming in there again," she joked quietly and tried pulling away. I just hugged tighter. There was no way I will ever let something like that happen again.

"It's my fault, I shouldn't have forced you to swim," I wailed and cried into her shoulder.

"Shhhh it's OK babe, it's not your fault and you didn't force me, calm down" and with that she placed a gentle kiss on my lips.

●|■|○|□

"It's getting late now, and you probably want a shower and some food. Should we head back?" I asked cautiously and she nodded. I replied, "I'm driving then since your in no state too."

Smiling happily, I jumped onto the drivers place and Shimmer climbed with some dificilty, behind me, while I slipped my feet into the holds. Then we set off home.

○□●■○□●■○□●■○□●■○□●■○□●■○□●■○

Hiya everyone!

Sorry for such a long period of time without an update.

Here's a longer chapter to make up for it <3

A massive thanks to you all for the attention you have given this book and hope you continue to enjoy it.

Good night/day
<33333

○13|06|2022●