Chapter 42

○TIMESKIP●

●No-ones Pov○

As Jinx sat in Silco's spinny chair, Shimmer sat directly above her in the hole in the roof. Letting go of a sharp breath, Jinx sat still, messing around with the board in her hand, waiting for a certain someone to enter through the door.

A loud bang echoed through the room as the door was flung open, and someone dragged inside and let out a shaky breath. This was exactly who they were waiting for!

"We lost her," Sevika announced spitefully as she thought about the pink haired women running free around the Lanes.

Spinning around on the chair, Jinx pointed the clipboard in her hand at the women.

"Lost who?"

Sevika let out an almost animalistic growl as she saw the blue haired girl sat in her bosses chair.
"Who does she think she is?"

Stepping forward angrily, she didn't take the time to observe her surroundings and set off the trap that the two girls had planted for her in plain sight. They didn't feel the need to hide it, knowing that Sevika would be blinded by her anger of seeing a certain blue haired girl. Slowly, the room began to fill with green gas that made the second in command splutter and cough in an attempt to catch her breath.

She stumbled forwards until she landed against the desk and tried to keep herself up, but when she looked up to glare at the girl she hated so much,her eyes widened as she saw someone who she didn't expect.

Shimmer.

She stood there with an emotionless glare at the woman, with Jinx passing her a mask to protect her love. The h/c girl looked at her anything as she reached towards Jinx, but all she did was wave back.  Shimmer placed the mask on her face and took a deep breath of oxygen while she continued to stare at her aunt, who had already collapsed onto the cold hard floor.
  ,

○Jinxs Pov●

Eventually, all the gas cleared out of the room, and only me and my angel remained conscious. I looked over and saw that she was still staring at the woman she considered her aunt with almost a guilty expression that was soon replaced with an angry one.

"Are you OK, my angel?"I quietly asked as I pulled her into my arms and hugged her tightly.
"I'm fine, just - never mind, I'm ok," my love whispered into my neck,"just a bit shaken up, but I'll alright."

As she nuzzled into my neck and hugged me tighter, my stomach erupted into a mess of butterflies.

"I love this girl so much, I am never gonna let anyone hurt her, and if anyone tries, I'm gonna kill them," I silently promised my angel.

"We have to move now, she won't be out long,"I nodded sadly as I pulled away from her, I was happy just to hold her all day but we had to do this.

Shimmer nodded and pulled away from Jinx.

○TIMESKIP●
○No one's POV●

Boredly, Jinx sat opposite Sevikas on the desk and kicked the chair that she was securely tied down onto, making the old chair squeak as it spinned.   They had a few questions that they needed to answer the woman. However, Shimmer faces the bookshelves as if she was inspecting them for anything interesting to cure her borem while she waited for her aunt to awaken.