Chapter 40

○Shimmers Pov●

"Finally we were back home!" I  yawned tiredly and, snuggled into my angel's neck more as she carried me towards the bed as just giggled quietly. She put me down so carefully you would think I would break.

"Aww, are you tired~?" Jinx teased with a smirk on her face as she pushed me down onto the bed and kissed me gently on the nose. I wasn't happy with this so I pulled her head back down to kiss her again. But this time on her lips. Jinx stopped in the surprise of the action then cupped her hands around my cheeks and she pulled away slightly, breathing deeply.

We both smiled and I rolled away which made her land on the bed when I once was. Smirking, I asked "Are YOU tired- babe?" as I watched her face. Her beautiful blue plaits spread across the bed. Her bright eyes watched my every move. The bright blush spread across her face.

Laughing under my breath, I lowered myself down to lay on her chest and cuddled up to her. Forgetting about how I almost died and rested my eyes as we both relaxed in the comfortable silence.

"How did I get so lucky to end up with someone like you?" I asked myself out loud.

"I love you," I heard Jinx whisper gently as she caressed my hair.

"I love you too," I whispered back and fell into a deep sleep.

○|●|□|■

I groaned quietly as I opened my eyes only to realize that I was alone in bed. Jinx was not far though as she sat at her desk looking through her blueprints with her tongue stuck out, trying her best to keep herself interested in her work. But for her, it was hard to focus without the sound of her music. But she wasn't about to wake up her love just because she couldn't focus.

Upon seeing the sight of an obviously frustrated Jinx I sniggered quietly to myself which ended up being louder than what I thought as it echoed around the hideout. She lifted her head to face me and smiled when she saw I was awake.

Pouncing onto my body, I groaned in response as she straddled my waist.
"Morning baby!" She yelled as she hugged me tightly.

Suddenly, she shot up and motioned for me to follow her as she headed toward her workstation. Lifting the warm comfy blankets away from my skin, I shuddered as the cool breeze brushed against my bare arms.

"Come on hurry I've got something to show you?" She announced excitedly and I wondered what could be making her so excited.

Angel pulled her chair away from the table and sat down to find whatever she was looking for. Once she did, she pulled it against her chest and made me guess what it was.

"Is it a new gun plan?"

"Nope!"

"A bomb?"

"Correct you are babe! How did you get it?" She answered, smiling at me.

"Oh I don't know, I guess I can read minds," I joked as I leaned my head on her shoulder to look at the plan. On the sheet of blue paper was a drawing of a little spider-like bomb.

"It's cute! But why a spider?" I asked as she shrugged in response, making my head move slightly.

"It's not supposed to be cute! It is a vicious spider that can destroy anything!" Jinx pouted as she pushed my head off her shoulder and pushed her chair across the room.

Laughing at her childish behaviour, I apologised but she huffed again.

Then an idea popped into my head.

"But making it cute is good though cause it can distract them enforcer losers with its beauty before they realise its what's gonna kill them?" I suggested and she turned around to me with that look I knew very well.

"I've got an even better idea!" Jinx said as she tore back over to my side of the room and pulled out a new piece of paper and began to draw.

After about ten minutes of waiting in the room together, I was resting my eyes and jumped when my angel tapped me on the head. She pushed the piece of paper in my face.

Gently grabbing the paper to move it away, I saw a fire light. While I was studying the sheet of paper, j8nx was watching my face for my reaction.

"This is soo cool, are you gonna make them glow??" I exclaimed as I gave her the plans back.

"Duh of course they're gonna glow!"

○|●|□|■

"I'm bored! You've been working on that all day! Can we go do something you need a break," I complained loudly again for the 100th time today and she finally gave in.

"Fine I'll have a break even though I'm this close to having the first one being done," Jinx groaned and got up from her chair, her hair blowing slightly in the breeze.

"Wait you have only made one, all day?!" I exclaimed. She laughed at my reaction.

"Let's go get a drink you weirdo," she said as she pulled me out the door.

"But you love me~~~"

○□●■○□●■○□●■○□●■○□●■○□●■○□●■○

Hii

So Ummm-

I've been suffering from a severe case of writers block for the last month so I apologise for my lack of inspiration.

Hope you enjoy the longer chapter and this was sorta a filler chapter

Love you guys <3

Byeee
👋 👋 👋

○02/09/2022●

○Editied●