Chapter 11

○Y/ns Pov●

I pushed past people as I made my way along the crowded street. When people realised who I was, they moved out of the way within seconds. Smiling knowing people still fear me, I continued to walk through the Lanes.

All of a sudden, I feel someone press their body up against my back. My fight or flight reflexes kicked in. I turned around and landed a powerful punch to their stomach. Only when they crouche over in pain and let out breathless giggles, was when I realised it was Jinx.

"That's what you get J for sneaking up on me!" I laughed as she stood up, also laughing slightly. After apologising for punching her in the gut, we set off together down the Lanes.

As we walked, I looked over at J and felt my face become covered in blush but looked away before J could see. But to my dismay, J had already seen.

"Do I look that amazing today?" J joked at me, referring to my red face. I looked down in embarrassment.

All the way to home,all she did was tease me and every time she did it, I felt my face glow an even darker red. But at the entrance of the old rickety building, she pulled me in for a unexpected hug.

J was warm, like always, and I quickly exepted the quick hug. [A/N: Y/n and Jinx are pretty much the same size]

We were now in Dad's office. His office was a pretty decently large size for an office. The floor was a dark mahogany wood, slighly scratched from many people walking across it for many years. The walls were exactly the same as the walls outside in the corridor. The bottom half wood and the too half a blood red wallpaper.

In the middle of the room, there was a dark oak wood desk which belonged to my dad, that came with a matching tall spinny chair that, like pretty much everything else in the home, had been customised by J and myself. But unlike our other customizations we had done, this one was really good. Dad even helped us with it a few years ago!

It was a drawing of me, J and Dad and it was coloured in. The colours stood out against the dark wood of the chair. On the back wall, there was a big dirty window that overlooked Dad's empire from above. The office was on the 3rd floor so you could see ALOT of cool things.

Bookcases lined the side walls, that will filled to the brim with boring books about history or something like that. But on one row, stood the kiddy books that Dad used to read to me when I was like between the ages of 2-6. There was one in particular that I absolutely loved. It was a classic called 'Goldy Locks and the three bears.' Oh the memories!

In the corner of the room, stood a large plant that looked like it had been dead for years but, actually its miraculously still alive. Eventhough I haven't actually seen anyone care for it since I was taken in by Dad.

🌟○02|01|2022●🌟