Chapter 12

"Ah girls, your here. I'm assuming you got my message," Dad said raising his head from the papers he was shuffling through.

"Yeah we did, whatch need Dad?" I asked Dad, coming to sit down on one of the comfy chairs infrount of Dad's desk, J doing the same as me.

"I have a task for the two of you. You guys will go with Sevika to guard a drop off a shipment of Shimmer at the Hex Gates tommorow morning, " Dad explained and J scoffed at the mention of Aunt Sevikas name. For whatever reason, Jinx and Sevika had some sort of unspoken rivalry ever since they met.

"Yes!" Me and J excitedly exclaimed in unison and Dad nodded approvingly at us. He rested his head on his entwined hands and said to be at the cargo bay by 5 am as it takes ages to get set off. Then he sent us on our way.

Now we're are in mine and Js place where we spend most of out time. It was a massive propellor that had fallen into a huge pit that had gotten securely stuck. It wasn't going anywhere any time soon. In the middle, there was a big metal pole that we built around to use as a desk. All together there was 4 blades that made up our base.

One had a large leather sofa that had a dummy that represented a human. Jinx called him 'Milo'. She says it was an old friend before the accident that caused the death of her family. Sat next to Milo, there was another dummy that she called 'Claggor'. Also an old friend.

Infrount of the sofa, was a worn out wooden coffe table, stained from items being places there for years. Underneath the table and sofa, was a old blue rug.

On another one of the blades was the makeshift bedroom. It had a bed, that was really comfy that me and Jinx share incase we end up being to tired to go back home to sleep. It had light grey covers that were originally a bright white, but had dirtied from the dust and dirt we dragged onto it after a hard day at work. Either side of the bed was a two drawer cabinet where we kept literally the most random things ever.

○02|01|2022●