Chapter 30

"You said you could control them. I lost six officers. Six!" I heard someone yell, obviously really annoyed, from Dad's office.

Me and J stalked up the corridors. We were planning to scare him before we heard the shouts.

"They pushed it too far this time. The councils up in arms. I can't make this go away for you, unless you give me something to work with!"

Now we were out side the door and I gripped the handle, cracking the door open slightly. Inside, we could see Dad sitting with one leg ontop of another on his fancy red sofa, with Marcus sitting across from him on a similar seat to the sofa, but smaller.

There was two of Dad's burly body guards hovering over Marcus. I never liked Marcus. I always thought he was a push over and always tried to stop mine and Jinxs fun.

On the table infrount of them, rested a ornate wooden box containing cigars and a cutter thing. He reached towards then and picked them both up in separate hands and clipped the end.

"Arresting them would be doing you a favour," Marcus spat out as he sat leaned over in his chair.

"I don't need favours," Dad snapped back and stared daggers at Marcus, "I need you to do your job."

At some point, Dad had grabbed a fancy lighter and flicked it open to create the beautiful flame. He placed the cigar next to his lips and lit it.

Taking a breath, he puffed out the smoke and told Marcus l, "The firelighys have been a thorn in both our sides."

"They ambushed my shipment at the Hex Gates an the same day as the attack. It seems to me the council has its culprits."

Marcus looked at the wooden wall above Dad's head and nodded ever so slightly.

"Oh, that's tidy for you. What if I'm not interested in playing along?"

"We've accomplished alot together, Marcus. Sherrif," he stated miming to his badge. He had been promoted to Sherrif after the previous one had died ages ago.

Marcus looked down to his badge with a distasteful look on his face before turning back to the man across from him.

"And there is more yet to achieve. I hope you can remain a part of it," Dad said, leaning forwards and smirked.

He motioned with a slight movement of his head to one of the men to the desk. The man gripped a bag in his hand, and threw it up and caught it. Then he shoved it into Marcus's chest.

"For their families. From an anonymous- concerned citizen."

Marcus grunted softly before shooting up which was when me and J saw the time to leave. He stormed put of the room and out of the building.

We had made it down the corridor just in time for Marcus to reach the door, which was lucky for us.

○Time skip●
○Jinxs Pov●

Right now both me and my baby girl we doing our own thing. I was working on understanding the Hex Tech thingy and Shimmer was working on her hoverboard.

"Boring!" I complained over the noise of the loud music, "Boring. Wow. Super boring..." I was reading one of the books that we stole, trying to figure out how to work it while laying down over the edge. My long blue hair was over the edge and blowing in the breeze.

Then I shot up and my eyes widened in realisation when I found what I needed.

"Here we go!!'' I called out to Shimmer. She turned around to face me and smiled.

"It's all about these runes. They form some kind of math-y, magic-y gateway," I said as I turned the book to face her.

"To the realm of heebie-jeebies. And this... Turns it on. Would you like to come and do the honor?" I asked grabbing the crystal and showing it to my baby, to which she nodded happily.

○Y/ns Pov●

J had offered for me to place the crystal into the machine. I smiled happily at her and walked untill I was right next to her. I sat down and reached over for the crystal, and J reaches for a little sneaky kiss on the lips.

I blushed hard, and turned to face the machine. Taking a deep breath, I gently placed the blue ball into the holder. J reached over and pushed it in slightly.

"So.. here it goes!" She exclaimed and took a deep breath, and turned a nob. I looked towards the machine and saw that the crystal was emmiting things that looked like lightning.

It was beautiful in a funny way. But before I knew it, we were both knocked back by a strong blast half way across the roof.

When I landed, I landed with such force I banged my head on the floor, making it ring. Then I heard J groan I pain beside me.

A large beam of light shot up from the machine before lowing down slowly. But the beams power knocked lots of things over and away from their places.

I looked over at my Jinx and saw her hyperventilating.

"No! No. It was a mistake! It was a mistake!" She cried and ran off. Immediately, I got up and chased after her. I think the light from it reminded her of that night. I am going to find her and make everything better.

○□●■○□●■○□●■○□●■○□●■○□●■○□●■○

Thank you all so much for the 60k reads, it means so much to me!

○07|02|2022●